Maps In SP Property Functionality Missing - Question | JoomShaper

Maps In SP Property Functionality Missing

PD

Peter Dowse

Extension 2 months ago

Hi Guys,

It seems there's no map functionality in the SPProperty component.

The maps work and they display however, the ability to zoom, drag the map and have streetview working has been removed? I'm not sure why as it makes no use having a map feature if the functions of it are rendered useless (might as well just have a map image).

I've alleviated some of the isses by adding

.gm-style, div[aria-label="Map"], #spproperty-gmap-canvas {
    position: unset !important;
}

to my custom CSS however, the zoom function for the map is still disabled. How do I go about enabling this?

Website Example https://mthothamproperty.com.au/component/spproperty/property/11-chalet-3?Itemid=101

11 Answers
PD
Peter Dowse
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #148311

It appears ChatGTP provides better feedback and assistance on this issue than the Joomshaper Support.

You have a line of code on line 15 in the file located at components/com_spproperty/assets/js/gmap.js

scrollwheel: false

Changing this to 'true' enables the map scroll function.

I would say thankyou - but I had to utilise AI to get assistance in fixing this. I'm really not sure why you would disable this feature in a property component - seems silly to me.

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 months ago #148002

Hi

Thanks for contacting us. Is this ok now? Because I can zoom in and out of the map and also able to drag the map.

-Regards.

PD
Peter Dowse
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #148009

can you give a url of the example you're looking at?

Also, can i qsk what browser you're using?

PD
Peter Dowse
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #148010

also, its the ability to scroll using the scroll wheel, not the + and - signs within the map.

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 months ago #148168

Please check the screencast below and I am using Chrome browser

PD
Peter Dowse
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #148175

as mentioned....its the scroll fuction (with the mouse scroll wheel) that has been disabled, not the + and - signs.

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 months ago #148287

I am also able to scroll it. Please see the video again. Its not a bug it seems ok in my end.

PD
Peter Dowse
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #148290

So you're saying when you hover over the map and use the scroll wheel on your mouse, the map will scroll in and out, like it does on Google Maps?

Because all I saw in your video is you using the + and - signs to scroll.

I'm getting a little frustrated here as this is now the third time I've indicated that it's not the + and - signs that's the issue here, it's the MOUSE WHEEL SCROLL FUNCTION - NOT the + and - signs.

I'm really not sure how much clearer I can be??????

PD
Peter Dowse
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #148291

If you go to Google maps - you can scroll in and out using your the wheel on your mouse.

You can't do this with SP property.

You can scroll on a map that's been integrated with iframe code eg: - https://mthothamproperty.com.au/contact you can hold down ctrl and scroll your mouse wheel on this map.

You can't do this with SP property.

PD
Peter Dowse
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #148414

It is most certainly possible - I literally gave you the fix in the accepted answer??????????

I'm not sure you're actually reading these forum posts?

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 months ago #148421

Thanks for the solutions.