How To Create Startpage With Positions - Question | JoomShaper

How To Create Startpage With Positions

PK

Peter Klinke

Helix Framework 2 months ago

Hello, I'm just pondering.
A new site should be created with the Helix Ultimate template. On the startpage, several feeds from different categories should be displayed in positions, e.g. via the Joomla module Latest Articles. Some Text should be place too I'm currently missing an idea of how I can place these positions on the homepage and also have them displayed cleanly in a responsive manner.

I am grateful for tips.

13 Answers
Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #148548

Or you can install Module Anywhere plugin from JED tab. And publish only one HTML module in Content Bottom position. Add HTML to this module with your positions, created by Module Anywhere shortcode.

HTML for positions

<div class="bottom-cols">
    <div class="bottom-cols__col">{modulepos position="my-position-1"}</div>
    <div class="bottom-cols__col">{modulepos position="my-position-2"}</div>
</div>

CSS

.bottom-cols {
    display: grid;
    grid-template-columns: repeat(2, 1fr);
    gap: 30px;
}
Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #147866

Hi. Template settings > Layout tab + read Helix documentation

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 months ago #147873

Hi

Thanks for contacting us. You can do it via Layout. You can follow these links below, it may help you.

https://prnt.sc/J_K2_y9hHW7n

https://www.joomshaper.com/documentation/helix-framework/layout-builder

-Regards.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 months ago #147878

OR

You can create a Page (SPPB) and make layout using Rows, Columns and addons, one of addons that you can use is Module addon that allows you to use almost any installed & published module inside it.

PK
Peter Klinke
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #148121

Thank you all for answers.

I have now added some positions like here:

But I need the sidebar right beside the positions. So the new row should be in block Main body below "Component".

How can I realize that?

Thanks a lot!

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #148161

But I need the sidebar right beside the positions. So the new row should be in block Main body below "Component".

Hi.

Perhaps you have an erroneous idea of how this should work. And you are trying to follow the false path. Or your explanation is not clear enough. Draw a layout schematically using rectangles and explanatory inscriptions...

...If you need to publish the module immediately below the component area (inside Main Body section) use the Content Bottom position. In this case, you do not need to configure anything in the template settings (Layout tab)

PK
Peter Klinke
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #148180

Hi Pavel,

well, that was my idea this night too. I'll create an own modul with 2 positions in a div inside. Hope this works good enough.

PK
Peter Klinke
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #148498

I would like a layout like this:

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 months ago #148500

Thanks Peter for layout mock-up but Unfortunately, I am afraid that without changes to the php code this will not be possible using default Layout options. Becuase right now - right and left are only for component area.

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #148546

Hi Peter.

Yo can publish modules in Content Bottom position and use CSS to make it in two columns

Something like this

.sp-module-content-bottom {
    display: grid;
    grid-template-columns: repeat(2, 1fr);
    gap: 30px;
}

Result

PK
Peter Klinke
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #148552

Thank you very much Pavel for great support!!

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 months ago #148556

Thanks Pavel, indded I forgot about using Module Anywhere this time. It may help a lot :)

The only disadvantage of this solution is the additional files (MA) that the website has to load.

As we can say : two heads are better than one ;)

PK
Peter Klinke
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #148584

I think I will use css and loadposition. That seems to work fine.

Thank you very much