Depreceated Error With Doctor Template In PHP 8.2 - Question | JoomShaper

Depreceated Error With Doctor Template In PHP 8.2

D

Danaja

Template 2 months ago

Hi, I used the Doctor Quickstart for Joomla 4. Installed and updated everything. After I set PHP to 8.2, I got lots of deprecated errors, but managed to fix them with this https://www.joomshaper.com/forum/question/29749 for the "features" stuff with helix3.

I'm left with the error: Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property Joomla\CMS\Document\HtmlDocument::$helix3 is deprecated in /home/fdmari01/public_html/mydomain/templates/shaper_doctor/index.php on line 29. When I set error reporting to none, it's fine, but I want to fix this. I tried to install only the doctor template that comes on your site, but then the whole site crashed, error 404. So I started again from zero and here I am.

Line 29 is: $this->helix3 = helix3::getInstance();

I tried to replace the entire section (below) with the one from helix, but again error 404 (something with nulled): //Load Helix $helix3_path = JPATH_PLUGINS . '/system/helix3/core/helix3.php';

if (file_exists($helix3_path)) { require_once($helix3_path); $this->helix3 = helix3::getInstance(); } else { die('Please install and activate helix plugin'); }

I know it is a template problem and an upgrade is necesary, but until then, can you help me with an unofficial fix?

9 Answers
Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 months ago #149326

ABout templates/shaper_doctor/component.php - you can take and replace that file using raw Helix3 template.

As I already did.

D
Danaja
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #149423

Thank you for both solutions, Paul, I knew you know have to solve it. :) As far as the logo goes, one of you aligned it now all the way to the left of the screen, but I meant to the left of the content on all views. Meaning: if it were a boxed layout, to the left of the box.

And thank you again! :)

D
Danaja
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #148329

The same goes for: templates/shaper_doctor/component.php on line 20

When I try editing something in the frontend editor of SP page builder.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 months ago #148535

Hello Danaja

Apology for the inconvenience. Please share your administrator access here to check the issue. Use the Hidden Content box to share the credentials. Make sure that you have a full site backup with you before sharing.

Best regards

D
Danaja
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #148632

Ok. You can see the index.php error on every page and the component.php error, when you try to edit something with the sp PB on the frontend. In PHP 8.0 everything works normally, I now switched back to PHP 8.2 for you to look.

I would also like to know, how to move the logo more to the left and to STICK to the left (be aligned totally to the left like in the mobile view) - I tried to manage it with different .col positions for different displays, but this is not the answer. The logo bounces around, when I switch displays in SP PB.

Thank U and have a nice day.

D
Danaja
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #149163

I have to continue working on my site, it has been 5 days and still no answer. I cannot work with PHP 8.2, which I turned on only for you to solve the error. Can you please provide a solution for both problems?!

Greetings

D
Danaja
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #149286

Can Paul please solve my problem, because he knows, how to do it? You advertise your forum support, but I still got NO support after 7 days. With my other template provider subscriptions you get support in 2 days max. This is really bad that your products are not compatible with PHP 8.2.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 months ago #149323

Apology for the delayed response. You can set Error Reporting to System Default. Or use PHP 8.0 to avoid the warning. Generally, it will not harm your site functionality.

For logo shifting to the left, you may use Fluid Width on Header Layout settings.

https://prnt.sc/u8xfK0hwn96r

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 months ago #149327

And problem with index.php - I already corrected.

Now your site is clean, no errors. :)))