SP Page Builder 5.2.6 Textbox Bugs - Question | JoomShaper

SP Page Builder 5.2.6 Textbox Bugs

PS

Paul Scarnegie

General 2 months ago

I'd like to bring your attention to some consistent bugs with your PageBuilder v5.2.6.

FIRST BUG: The TEXTBOX doesn't represent <p> tags correct visually. Visually the copy in the text box appears to show paragraph breaks more like <br> tags, even though the copy on the rendered page has line breaks. There's no real way of differentiating between <p> tags and <br> tags as far as the editor goes. See attached:

Additionally, that entire right hand column in the editor should be resizable so the end user doesn't have to always first click the 3 dots, and then select the maximize (4 arrows) just to get a useable work space.

SECOND BUG: If I first copy some straight code into the editor (again, having to click the 3 dots and then the </> button) the code will be saved correctly, however if I then go back and simply add 1 character into my list using the WYSIWYG (and not the html editor) the code is completely rewritten with injected <p> tags all over the place.

This is what I started with:

and if I simply add 1 character via the front end editor, here's what happens to the code. If you look you can see that all I did was add a period at the end of the first line item:

THIRD BUG: For some reason, when attempting to link to a menu item from within the editor, some of the menus are center aligned where the rest are left justified. My best guess is that I might have copied and pasted the menu name from a different file, like a word doc or something, but there's nothing in the menu item itself that seems to indicate a formatting quirk, nor is there anything that I was able to find in the database. Might also be better UI to separate the individual menus instead of just dumping everything alpabetically into a single list.

REQUEST: When you saved a text box in the previous version of SPPB, you cleaned up and formatted the code so reediting the same text box later presented clean code. SPPB 5 does no such post save cleanup or formatting. Would be nice to see that reimplemented.

1 Answers
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 months ago #149199

Hi

Thanks for contacting us and thanks for your opinions. I will inform our team about it and add the bugs in our buglist.

-Regards.