Still Getting Cannot Access Protected Property Joomla\CMS\Menu\MenuItem::$Params - Question | JoomShaper

Still Getting Cannot Access Protected Property Joomla\CMS\Menu\MenuItem::$Params

J

Joshua

Template 2 months ago

Hello, I updated to J4 and updated the template with the latest version. It now has the J4 tag.

But I'm still getting error.

0 Cannot access protected property Joomla\CMS\Menu\MenuItem::$params

Call stack

Function Location 1 () JROOT/templates/shaper_travelia/html/mod_menu/default.php:39 2 require() JROOT/modules/mod_menu/mod_menu.php:30 3 include() JROOT/libraries/src/Dispatcher/ModuleDispatcher.php:52 4 Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\ModuleDispatcher::Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher{closure}() JROOT/libraries/src/Dispatcher/ModuleDispatcher.php:55 5 Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\ModuleDispatcher->dispatch() JROOT/libraries/src/Helper/ModuleHelper.php:281 6 Joomla\CMS\Helper\ModuleHelper::renderRawModule() JROOT/libraries/src/Helper/ModuleHelper.php:161 7 Joomla\CMS\Helper\ModuleHelper::renderModule() JROOT/libraries/src/Document/Renderer/Html/ModuleRenderer.php:99 8 Joomla\CMS\Document\Renderer\Html\ModuleRenderer->render() JROOT/libraries/src/Document/Renderer/Html/ModulesRenderer.php:50 9 Joomla\CMS\Document\Renderer\Html\ModulesRenderer->render() JROOT/libraries/src/Document/HtmlDocument.php:565 10 Joomla\CMS\Document\HtmlDocument->getBuffer() JROOT/libraries/src/Document/HtmlDocument.php:833 11 Joomla\CMS\Document\HtmlDocument->_renderTemplate() JROOT/libraries/src/Document/HtmlDocument.php:637 12 Joomla\CMS\Document\HtmlDocument->render() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php:1025 13 Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->render() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/SiteApplication.php:724 14 Joomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication->render() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php:298 15 Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute() JROOT/includes/app.php:61 16 require_once() JROOT/index.php:32

2 Answers
Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 months ago #149434

Hi there!

Sorry for your experience.

Would you please give me your admin access to check the issue for you?

Best Regards

J
Joshua
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #149438

Why not fix the template update file instead? It is only stated that it is now J!4 compatible but nothing was done to the template file or the update was not properly implemented.

I had to copy html/mod_menu/default.php from another template to replace that of the Travelia template with said issue and was able to get the site to load.

I also copied the html\com_content\category\blog.php and rating.php e.t.c.

Website seems to be fine for now but I know there are still files that didnt throw errors because I'm yet to use them on the website.

Just fix the Version 2.0.0 template file for Travelia. It was not updated properly for Joomla 4.

Lets know when this is properly done so we can test it out.