Deprecated: Creation Of Dynamic Property Helix3 On Template Shaper_spectrum - Question | JoomShaper

Deprecated: Creation Of Dynamic Property Helix3 On Template Shaper_spectrum

MS

Mihai Soare

Helix Framework 1 month ago

Hello,

I have the template shaper_spectrum. I upgraded the joomla from 4 to 5 and now i want to upgrade the PHP from 8.1 to 8.3 but i have a lot of errors.

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property Joomla\CMS\Document\HtmlDocument::$helix3 is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/aviation-training.ro/public_html/templates/shaper_spectrum/index.php on line 23

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property Helix3FeatureContact::$position is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/aviation-training.ro/public_html/templates/shaper_spectrum/features/contact.php on line 20

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property Helix3FeatureFooter::$position is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/aviation-training.ro/public_html/templates/shaper_spectrum/features/footer.php on line 20

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property Helix3FeatureFooter::$load_pos is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/aviation-training.ro/public_html/templates/shaper_spectrum/features/footer.php on line 21

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property Helix3FeatureLogo::$load_pos is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/aviation-training.ro/public_html/templates/shaper_spectrum/features/logo.php on line 22

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property Helix3FeatureMenu::$position is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/aviation-training.ro/public_html/templates/shaper_spectrum/features/menu.php on line 20

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property Helix3FeaturePreloader::$position is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/aviation-training.ro/public_html/templates/shaper_spectrum/features/preloader.php on line 18

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property Helix3FeatureSocial::$load_pos is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/aviation-training.ro/public_html/templates/shaper_spectrum/features/social.php on line 22

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property Helix3FeatureTitle::$position is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/aviation-training.ro/public_html/templates/shaper_spectrum/features/title.php on line 20

Can someone help me?

5 Answers
Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 month ago #149885

Hi Mihai,

To fix most warning messages (not errors!):

download Helix3 template package, and then copy all files from that folder /features/

and upload & override here: /templates/shaper_spectrum/features/

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 month ago #149887

And if we talk about index.php file from template folder find that part (lines 22-23)

if (file_exists($helix3_path)) {
    require_once($helix3_path);
    $this->helix3 = helix3::getInstance();

AND REPLACE WITH

$helix3 = helix3::getInstance();

In theory it should help.

MS
Mihai Soare
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #149947

Hello Paul,

Thank you for your support. I uploaded the files from the Helix3 template and those messages disappeared. There remains the problem with the index file.

Deprecated: Creation of dynamic property Joomla\CMS\Document\HtmlDocument::$helix3 is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/aviation-training.ro/public_html/templates/shaper_spectrum/index.php on line 23

I tried to replace the code but then I get the following error:

0 Call to a member function getParam() on null

Do you have any ideas?

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 month ago #149950

Yes, in that case in template file index.php after line

defined('_JEXEC') or die('restricted access');

add new line: error_reporting(E_ERROR | E_PARSE);

till next template update this should help.

MS
Mihai Soare
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #149955

I replaced that code and also i added a new line after defined... but I have the same error:

Call to a member function getParam() on null

Bellow is the modified code:

defined('_JEXEC') or die('resticted aceess');
error_reporting(E_ERROR | E_PARSE);

$doc = JFactory::getDocument();
$app = JFactory::getApplication();
$menu = $app->getMenu()->getActive();

//Load Helix
$helix3_path = JPATH_PLUGINS . '/system/helix3/core/helix3.php';

$helix3 = helix3::getInstance();