Dont Show Article Author Tag - Question | JoomShaper

Dont Show Article Author Tag

EG

Eduardo G.

SP Page Builder 1 month ago

I've created an admin user for joomla management, i.e. "secretadmin" Now in all my SPPB pages I get the username published: <meta property="article:author" content="secretadmin"/>

I dont want everybody to know my admin username! How do I disable it? and is it upgrade-safe?

14 Answers
EG
Eduardo G.
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #151517

Author meta tag is already disable from global configuration

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 month ago #151966

Hello Eduardo G.

Please share a screenshot of your issue to understand it better. Take a screenshot and share via any platform. For example: Lightshot or Imgur

Best regards

EG
Eduardo G.
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #151973

For example, check this source code: https://imgur.com/a/aRzmc2m

There you can see my admin username is shown as article author meta tag. I dont want to disclosure it, neither the time I publish or modify my website pages

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 month ago #152244

Please share the page link on where I can check it on the source code.

EG
Eduardo G.
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #152247

Sure, I'm sharing a development URL

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 month ago #152699

Apology for the inconvenience. Please share your administrator access here to check the issue. Use the Hidden Content box to share the credentials. Make sure that you have a full site backup with you before sharing.

EG
Eduardo G.
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #152701

Sure, thanks for looking into this

Code is in components/com_sppagebuilder/views/page/view.html.php

$this->document->addCustomTag('<meta property="article:author" content="' . $this->item->author_name . '"/>');
$this->document->addCustomTag('<meta property="article:published_time" content="' . $this->item->created_on . '"/>');
$this->document->addCustomTag('<meta property="article:modified_time" content="' . $this->item->modified . '"/>');
$this->document->addCustomTag('<meta property="og:locale" content="' . $language . '" />');
Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 month ago #152849

You have found the location. You can remove those lines. But it will be added when you update SP Page Builder.

EG
Eduardo G.
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #152850

Yes, and that's the problem :-) Disclosure of admin username and activity dates should be disabled by default or at least optional. It's about privacy and security

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 4 weeks ago #153103

Okay, I will inform the development team about it.

Please accept the answer that helped you. It will be then easier to find the solution for the other users with the same issue. There is a button to accept answer after each comment.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 3 weeks ago #153668

If I may...

1. What is relation with "privacy and security" if we talk about article:published_time & article:modified_time ?? I guess, it was just bigger sample of code, right.
  2. About Author I agree that users should have option to change that value. By now it's possible only from PHPMyAdmin (DB Editor). It was added to wish list even before your post.

BTW

Using "secretadmin" as user name never was a clever idea, it's a recovery username from Joomla Guide.

EG
Eduardo G.
Accepted Answer
3 weeks ago #153669
  1. Privacy: nobody needs to know when I create or update a page in my website. you're publishing information about when I work on the website, which is not needed. I choose the information I want to display, not you.
  2. Security. Admin username disclosure, why? No need to change it, just need to enable/disable it. It needs to be done in a proper way and stop hacking. Also optional should be using the user title, not the username.

Every option that disclosures information should be optional, as easy as that.

BTW

Using "secretadmin" as user name is just a sample for this post :-/

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 3 weeks ago #153678

ad 1) It was created for SEO purposes, Google like it. It's not related to privacy, or you're confusing terms.

ad 2) In Articles you have author since J1.0.0 and no concerns. We will add option to change Author name to Custom Name (in near future) and this should solve the problem, so you would be able use your real first name ("Eduardo") or author of content ("AI"), and no more "secretadmin" ;p

Yes, I know... but now is not.

By now we both have to wait for implemenation of those changes. Or you can cut if off.

EG
Eduardo G.
Accepted Answer
3 weeks ago #153679

ad 1) It for created for SEO purposes, Google like it.

I already know SEO purposes, that doesn't make it mandadory as you do ;-)