BUG : Menu Colors Not Applied On Front End On Helix 2.0.18 - Question | JoomShaper

BUG : Menu Colors Not Applied On Front End On Helix 2.0.18

Laurent

Laurent

Helix Framework 1 month ago

Hi,

I have found a cache problem on helix 2.0.18 See Hidden Content are to watch the video that describes the problem.

Thanks L.

24 Answers
Laurent
Laurent
Accepted Answer
3 weeks ago #153410

I did some tests and works fine with specific presets for each template style. But last question regarding custom styles. If we can define different custom styles for differents template styles, it's supposed to work no?

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
3 weeks ago #153446

OMG. Wrong!

Laurent
Laurent
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #152469

After some tests it seems that all changes done inside /templates/shaper_helixultimate/css/custom.css file are not applied.

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 month ago #152649

Hi

Thanks for contacting us and sorry for your issue. Could you please send us the issue video again? It does not showing anything.

-Regards.

Laurent
Laurent
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #152672

I have done the video again. I have tested and video works fine. See Hidden Content area.

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 month ago #152927

Hi

I will inform our team about it. But did you try one thing? inser !important after you CSS on menu. It may works.

Thanks.

Laurent
Laurent
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #152930

already done with !important => same issue

this is not the problem.

as you can see in the video, the problem is coming from helix.

colors presets are not correctly applied.

note this is urgent because impossible to work properly.

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
4 weeks ago #152932

After some tests it seems that all changes done inside /templates/shaper_helixultimate/css/custom.css file are not applied.

Hi Laurent.

Perhaps your code is not correct. I constantly use custom.css and there have never been any problems with it. I cannot see hidden content to understand your problem. It would be interesting.

Laurent
Laurent
Accepted Answer
4 weeks ago #152938

@pavel: no problem, see this video : https://we.tl/t-27BwPxKntJ

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
4 weeks ago #152950

I understood your problem. This is not a bug, but a natural limitation.

Helix has one template.css file, regardless of the number of template styles. This file is compiled from the latest saved settings. Therefore, if you need several template styles with different appearance you should use only CSS coding, but not settings. In each template style, in the layout tab, you can add unique classes to sections and use them in your code.

In my practice, I always use one template style. If I need another appearance on a separate page, I use a page class to create a unique appearance in CSS. Settings should only be used if you use the only one template style.

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
4 weeks ago #152951

The thought came to mind. I have not tried it, since it is easier for me through CSS. Instead of custom settings, use different presets

Laurent
Laurent
Accepted Answer
4 weeks ago #152964

OK I see. But I have other websites with the same system/behavior and no problem. I have only this issue on this website.

strange no?

Laurent
Laurent
Accepted Answer
4 weeks ago #152965

So if you need different logo on different pages, you use only 1 helix template and you change the logo with css ?

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
4 weeks ago #152983

But I have other websites with the same system/behavior and no problem.

It is strange that you do not have this problem on other sites. Maybe a cache and you simply did not notice the problem.

So if you need different logo on different pages, you use only 1 helix template and you change the logo with css ?

No. Different settings are combined in different ways. All that is in the custom settings section is compiled in template.css, the presets are compiled in individual files like preset1.css, preset2.css and so on.

Typography settings are compiled directly in Head. The logo is compiled directly in Body.

Laurent
Laurent
Accepted Answer
4 weeks ago #152986

Ok so you different helix styles in case of differents logo, but about presets, you use only CSS and not preset on helix ? AM I right?

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
4 weeks ago #152989

Yes. But you can try to use presets (not custom settings) - different in each template style.

Laurent
Laurent
Accepted Answer
4 weeks ago #152990

OK I see. So I customize differents preset for differents styles, should be working you think?

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
4 weeks ago #153071

should be working you think?

I believe that this should work, since each preset has its own CSS file

Laurent
Laurent
Accepted Answer
4 weeks ago #153077

ok thanks.

I will try your solution @pavel

But @joomshaper : is it possible to improve that and make it work as described in my post, instead of using pre-defined presets ?

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 4 weeks ago #153149

Ok I will inform our team about it.

Thanks.

Laurent
Laurent
Accepted Answer
3 weeks ago #153447

?

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
3 weeks ago #153454

To make it works each template style should get its own css file, which does not exist at the moment. To do this, the team will need to completely recreate the template and devalue template.css.

The desire to receive custom styles in working condition for multi template styles will lead to a deterioration in performance. I believe the team should not even think about the implementation of this. It is better to expand the number of options in specific presets.

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
3 weeks ago #153456

As a result

1. A warning should be added to the custom settings - "If you use more than one template style, do not use this option, but use the presets instead."

Or completely remove custom settings so as not to mislead the user.

1. Add the entire list of options that is in custom settings to presets.
Laurent
Laurent
Accepted Answer
3 weeks ago #153462

ok thanks for the feedback @Pavel +1 for the warning message, could be very helpful.