Melvin Template - Category Blog Issue With Intro & Full Article Images - Question | JoomShaper

Melvin Template - Category Blog Issue With Intro & Full Article Images

BC

Bill Clements

Template 1 month ago

Using latest version of SP Pagebuilder with Joomla 4.4.3 on PHP 8.2. I have a category blog set up but when I try and add intro and full article images, the "intro" image shows up as the full article image and the full article images is not showing up.

When I don't include the intro image, sometimes the full image won't show up. When I add an intro image all of a sudden that intro image appears for all the articles that don't have an intro image.

The articles that existed before I did the upgrade to Joomla 4 are fine but the issue is with new articles I am trying to create.

As a workaround, what seems to work most of the time is that I save the article with the full image (no intro image) THEN I go back in and save the intro image and the images seem to display correctly until I go back to the web site and reload the page and then the full image is not displaying any more. The intro image is now showing as the full image!

Any thoughts on how to resolve this?

7 Answers
Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 month ago #152852

Hello Bill Clements

It could be the article view override issue. The article view is overriden on the template. You can remove the override and check it. Please rename this file and check your issue:

templates/shaper_melvin/html/com_content/article/default.php

Best regards

BC
Bill Clements
Accepted Answer
1 month ago #152887

Thank you for getting back to me but this did not solve the problem. If I remove the intro image and just try and save a full article image, nothing appears. If I save the intro image, that appears as both the full image as well as the intro image.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 month ago #152940

Please rename these two files and then check:

1. templates/shaper_melvin/html/layouts/joomla/content/intro_image.php
  2. templates/shaper_melvin/html/layouts/joomla/content/full_image.php
BC
Bill Clements
Accepted Answer
4 weeks ago #153008

Thank you for the response. This seems to solve some of the problems. Of course the animation of the images when hovering the mouse over the image is gone which is not great.

However, the problem still exists but it looks like the issue now is with the Category Blog view. After renaming the files above, the category blog now only shows the INTRO image and NOT the FULL ARTICLE image.

As I said before, the issue is ONLY with the new artciles I created with the Melvin template. The previous existing articles are fine.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 4 weeks ago #153094

The category blog will show Intro Image and article view will show Full Article Image. This is the default behavior. I do not see any issue here. If you want to change, then you can update above mentioned files.

BC
Bill Clements
Accepted Answer
4 weeks ago #153141

The "issue" is that your template does not work properly and your "fix" is just to delete those files rather than actaully fixing them. Too bad - not a great way to do business.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 4 weeks ago #153158

This is an issue of the template. Those files are modified as part of the template design. Originally, you cannot use intro image and full width image with those customization. If you want, then you can remove the customization. I have showed you this way. This way, default file will work and you will be able to use intro image and full width image.