Article With SP Page Builder 5.2.9 Misses - Question | JoomShaper

Article With SP Page Builder 5.2.9 Misses

B

Bruno Simões

SP Page Builder 1 month ago

When I used older versions of SP Page Builder inside an article, I could get the correct reading time. However, in the last versions, this disappeared, or I am missing something. How can I get the correct reading time of an article using the last version of SP Page Builder inside an article?

11 Answers
Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 month ago #152957

Hello Bruno Simões

How are you calculating the reading time? Are you using any third-party extension?

Best regards

B
Bruno Simões
Accepted Answer
3 weeks ago #153358

Hello,

In hidden content you have the link to the plugin to count read time. With a normal article in Joomla 5 works perfect. Best regards

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 weeks ago #153439

SP Page Builder articles are stored as SP Page Builder pages on different database tables. It might be the issue for not calculating correct time. Please contact the extension developer to add support for SP Page Builder.

B
Bruno Simões
Accepted Answer
3 weeks ago #153459

Hello, This worked fine until February this year because when saving an article, SP Page Builder copies all the text content to the default article content, which was enough to calculate the time. In one of the last updates, this stopped working, and this was the problem. So, it is something that you changed.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 weeks ago #153471

Can you please at which version it worked fine? I can talk to the development team then.

B
bergwerk
Accepted Answer
3 weeks ago #153531

I guess this worked fine in SPPB 3, as the page content was converted to text and stored in the "fulltext" column of the com_content table which is not the case anymore since SPPB 4?

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 weeks ago #153556

Yes, you are right. It might be available in SP Page Builder 3. In this case, it will not possible to get it on SP Page Builder 5.

B
Bruno Simões
Accepted Answer
3 weeks ago #153533

Hello,

I think you are right! This works in SPPB3 and after update to SPPB5 this stop works. But you can do the same process in SPP5? Thanks

B
bergwerk
Accepted Answer
3 weeks ago #153534

To my knowledge, this is not possible with SPPB 5 at the moment - Sadly "Article Integration" seems to be a very low priority topic at the moment and many fantastic features from SPPB 3 are not yet integrated (after 2+ years?!) :-(

B
Bruno Simões
Accepted Answer
3 weeks ago #153570

Hello!

Puff!! You are saying that I need to come back to SPPB 3 or even abandon it. From my point of view, you are taking SPPB as useless: missing functions from one version to another, things that doesn't work, and an excess of code... You are killing SPPB, but is only my opinion.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 weeks ago #153581

We take your opinion seriously. We have built SP Page Builder 5 from scratch. So, you might be missing some SP Page Builder 3 features and see some new features. It is normal that the two version is not identically matched.

However, thank you for your feedback.