Button Group Random Errors Appering - Question | JoomShaper

Button Group Random Errors Appering

CK

craig kennedy

SP Page Builder 2 weeks ago

I have the Helix Ultimate with J5.3 and the latest build of SPPB. Now to be clear everythign worked perfectly. I added a button group. I formatted a single button the way I wanted to have it appear, saving and previewing each time. Once happy I duplicated this button 2 further times, so I have 3 buttons all identical. Changed the button text etc, leaving the links out as I had not yet created the links, save and preview all looking perfect

I then put in some text to the link, I know it wont work as the page does not exist yet, and save, and as soon as I preview it I get the below errors.

Object of class stdClass could not be converted to string /sppagebuilder/addons/button_group/site.php:32

The line in question is this

32 $attribs .= (isset($value->url) && $value->url) ? ' href="' . $value->url . '"': '';

I would have expected the link to not work but I did not expect it to error. the most annoying part is that even if I delete the link information it will no longer work without error, the only way to fix it is to delete the entire button group and start over

3 Answers
CK
craig kennedy
Accepted Answer
2 weeks ago #154063

I have now tested again, adding a working link to the button and still it errors the same.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 weeks ago #154204

Hello craig kennedy

Please record a screencast of the issue and share here via any drive. I will check it on my end.

Best regards

CK
craig kennedy
Accepted Answer
2 weeks ago #154212

ok I did a short video clip. You will see the buttons defined without any links in (I should mention even if I use a full url not rleated to my site it does not work), and the page working, and you see the buttons Then I add a link to a button, save and refresh the page and the page dies. Delete the button (Deleting the link from the button does not fix it) and the page works less one button

http://www.cksvcs.co.uk/SPPBissue.wmv