MFA Methods are Not Displayed On Frontend User Edit Page - Question | JoomShaper

MFA Methods are Not Displayed On Frontend User Edit Page

SC

S-D CONSULTING

Helix Framework 1 week ago

I'm using a Joomshaper template for a website and I've run into this big problem. In the override folder I find html/com_users/profile/edit.php which contains the string: require HelixUltimate\Framework\Platform\HTMLOverride::loadTemplate();

Then checking the native HELIX overrides, I discovered that the relevant file does not contain the MFA Authenticator at all.

While doing some research I came across this page dated October 30, 2023 which is not assigned: https://github.com/JoomShaper/helix-ultimate/issues/365

In order to highlight all the MFA functions and therefore allow my users to manage these functions, I am forced to eliminate the call to helix from the override.

Why this choice? Why did you completely eliminate this Joomla function and why did no one take up the request on GITHUB?

4 Answers
Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 week ago #155221

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out, and I apologize for any inconvenience caused by this oversight. I have shared your issue to our developer team. Please allow me time.

Best regards,

Toufiqur Rahman (Team Lead, Support)

SC
S-D CONSULTING
Accepted Answer
1 week ago #155225

Thanks for your feedback, I await your response to resolve the problem.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 week ago #155277

Do you wanna override Two factor authentication? Or Can you explain what exactly do you want. Thanks

SC
S-D CONSULTING
Accepted Answer
1 week ago #155296

No, I don't want to override Two Factor Authentication. The problem is that many of your templates have an override set in the html/com_user/profile folder which then refers to the helix overrides via a require.

If I take the HELIX edit.php file, as also written on github, the entire part relating to two factor authentication has been eliminated. Furthermore, the structure of the file is also very different from the Joomla original. For example password input fields are not present in the same file, when you use fieldset selectors to call the fields, it is different.

In order to obtain these fields I am forced to eliminate your override to replace the original Joomla one.

I ask why HELIX has totally eliminated such functions. And in the case, if possible, of restoring all that part of code, or a guideline that suggests in the /templates/joomshaper_template/overrides/com_user/profile folder, insert the instructions to add the missing part to the original HELIX file.

You can check, I compared the two files and that whole part is missing. They have been reporting it to you on GITHUB since October 2023 but there is no response and the ticket is not assigned.