Override Font Awesome Classes For SP Page Builder Elements - Question | JoomShaper

Override Font Awesome Classes For SP Page Builder Elements

F

FJN

SP Page Builder 2 months ago

Is there a way to override Font Awesome classes for SP Page Builder elements? Specifically, for the Image Carousel element, we have two FA choices for the scrolling arrows, Angle or Long Arrow. I would love to use Right and Left Chvrons instead. So as an example can I override the following Page Builder HTML somehow. Note that I prefer to do this on the HTML rather than using JavaScript, although that is also an option:

<i class="fa fa-angle-right" aria-hidden="true"></i>
<i class="fa fa-angle-left" aria-hidden="true"></i>

to

<i class="fa fa-chevron-right" aria-hidden="true"></i>
<i class="fa fa-chevron-left" aria-hidden="true"></i>
3 Answers
Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 months ago #157074

Hi there!

Thanks for reaching out to us.

You can achieve this by using simple custom CSS. I have checked Image carrousal addon and found fa-long-arrow there. So, if you want to change the fa-long-arrow icon to chevron, only for the Image Carousal, then kindly use the below code snippet you need to put in you custom CSS:

.sppb-carousel-extended .fa.fa-long-arrow-left:before {
    content: "\f053";
}
.sppb-carousel-extended .fa.fa-long-arrow-right:before {
    content: "\f054";
}

Here is all about custom code placement in Helix Ultimate: https://www.joomshaper.com/documentation/helix-framework/custom-code-css-js-meta

Best Regards

F
FJN
Accepted Answer
2 months ago #157139

Excellent. That worked beautifully. Changed the scroll arrow type to "Long Arrow" and added the CSS to our Helix custom.css. Thank you so much!

Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 months ago #157211

Glad that it worked and you are always welcome:)

Have a nice day!