Font Issue - Question | JoomShaper

Font Issue

P

Pascal

SP Page Builder 3 years ago

Hi, Optimizing my site with JCH Optimize Pro and while checking my site with pagespeed this shows every time: Ensure text remains visible during webfont load /components/com_sppagebuilder/assets/webfonts/fa-solid-900.woff

Solution: font-display: swap;

How can this be done and where?

using shaper_helixultimate with latest joomshaper.

Thanks, Pas

14 Answers
Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 years ago #1288

Hello Pascal

Please go to Template Options -> Custom Code -> Custom CSS and add this CSS. Hopefully, this issue will be solved.

@font-face {
  font-display: swap !important;
}

Best regards

P
Pascal
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #1465

Thank you,

Did add the css but does not change? These 3 still show up in pagespeed /components/com_sppagebuilder/assets/webfonts/fa-brands-400.woff /components/com_sppagebuilder/assets/webfonts/fa-regular-400.woff /components/com_sppagebuilder/assets/webfonts/fa-solid-900.woff Any suggestions how to solve this?

I also have saw the option for a api key to update font list? Should I use this to fix this maybe? and how do I get a Google Font API ?

Regards, Pas

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 years ago #1536

Not sure about it. To update Google Font API, you need to get your API from here: https://developers.google.com/fonts/docs/developer_api

P
Pascal
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #2481

Is it required to use?

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 years ago #2557

It is not required. It is only needed, when you want to update the font list.

P
Pascal
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #4533

Still have some issues with fonts.gstatic.com

I use Shaper_helixultimate and have all typography option disabled. In template custom code I added this but think it does nothing: @font-face { font-display: swap !important; }

Looking at template folder - fonts I have this:

• FontAwesome.otf
  • fa-brands-400.ttf
  • fa-brands-400.woff
  • fa-regular-400.ttf
  • fa-regular-400.woff
  • fa-solid-900.ttf
  • fa-solid-900.woff
  • fontawesome-webfont.eot
  • fontawesome-webfont.svg
  • fontawesome-webfont.ttf
  • fontawesome-webfont.woff

In pagebuilder I mainly use fonts: barlow, fa-brands, fa-regular and fa-solid

Site is multilanguage and has 2 templates (page+blog) for each language.

What's the best way to load these fonts using this setup?

Thanks in advance,

Pascal

P
Pascal
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #5918

Hi, any suggestions to this issue? Is it possible to remove all fonts and load fonts seperate?

Regards, Pascal

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 3 years ago #6066

Hi. With easy You can only disable FontAwesome from SPPB options, And use png images instead of font icons. If you cut-off font awesome from template as well.

In general only .woff or .woff2 is loaded, not all font as you see in that folder.

But sorry we cannot help you with FontAwesome nor php code customization.

P
Pascal
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #8480

Thanks Paul,

Still not sure I'll understand...sorry.

How can I make sure no fonts or fontawesome is loaded automatic by pagebuilder or helix?

I want to use only 1 font for all templates/languages and load this from my own server, how can I do this? Should it be done like this: https://archive.joomshaper.com/forums/load-google-fonts-from-local

And can this also be done with only a selection of used fontawesome icons?

Thanks in advance, Pascal

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 3 years ago #8481

Pascal, what template you have there? I think easier would be to cut off FA from template than SPPB. Especially if you don't use FA icons inside menu items.

P
Pascal
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #8482

Hi Paul, I use Shaper_helixultimate and have all typography option disabled. Guess there will be some FA icons used but max 10 so rather load this from server also. And hopefully gain max optimization and speed.

Thanks.

P
Pascal
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #8942

Hi Paul,

Any suggestions... I want to use only 1 font for all templates/languages and load this from my own server, how can I do this? Should it be done like this: https://archive.joomshaper.com/forums/load-google-fonts-from-local

Thanks, Pascal

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 3 years ago #9107

Yes, use my tips, they are still current.

https://www.joomshaper.com/documentation/helix-framework/helixultimate#faq-how-to-do

Read tips: How to use a custom font(s) | | How to use Google Fonts from my server

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 3 years ago #9109

About FA - in theory you could edit FA file: templates\shaper_helixultimate\css\font-awesome.min.css

and remove all icons which you don't use. And keep only 10-15. But this file has only 30Kb. So how many you would save 25KB. Does it worth your time?

Edition of this file: templates\shaper_helixultimate\fonts\fontawesome-webfont.woff2

is much more complicated.