issue since update to version 1.1.3: colors not managed correctly when compiling scss! - Forum | JoomShaper
Solved Helix Framework

issue since update to version 1.1.3: colors not managed correctly when compiling scss!

Asked by Marc Dechèvre 5 years ago Last activity 5 years ago

Hi,

I have the following in my scss file, which was working great until the update to Helix Ultimate 1.1.3

$color: #96866f;

body.neutral .article-list .article {
background: rgba($color, 0.1);
}

Looking at the console, I now have an error in the background color: now it does not work any more bc Ultimate "converts" it to the following, which can not be interpreted :

body.neutral .article-list .article {
background: rgba(#96866f, 0.1);
}

The same issue applies when using rgb for $color: then it is compiled as "rgba(rgb(...), 0.1)" which does not work either of course

Txs for your help / the fix.

Marc

Accepted answer

Marked as the solution
Toufiq Senior Staff

Please check the latest update. Thanks

11 more replies

Ariba Staff

Hello

Could you kindly provide me the URL of your site?

Marc Dechèvre Asked this

Sure !

You can see it here: https://www.healthybelgium.be/en/

Actually, it is not just one line of CSS :
body.neutral .article-list .article {
background: rgba(#96866f, 0.1);
}

There are litterally hundreds of lines which are impacted exactly the same way.

Ariba Staff

Thank you for the URL.
Actually, i am not able to see any error from my end and it seems alright.
Just to confirm, as you updated recently, have you tried clearing the joomla & browser cache?
If the error still persists, can you kindly provide me a screenshot?

Marc Dechèvre Asked this

You can see it very easily : as you can read from the css above, each article in the blog view is supposed to have a light background color.

Select the element called
<div class="article " itemprop="blogPost" itemscope="" itemtype="https://schema.org/BlogPosting">
in the HTML and see in the browser Console : there you see how Helix Ultimate compiled the scss into css (template.css)

Ariba Staff

Hello

Our Senior Agent is looking into the issue, kindly allow us some time.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Marc Dechèvre Asked this

Txs a lot @Ariba for your kind follow-up.

I have investigated further on my side.
And I do confirm that there is some kinf of issue when Helix Ultimate compiles SCSS (when using for example rgba and lighten).

See the following example (which I have added on my live website mentioned above so that you can see for yourself) :

$joomshaper: #69aa41;
$joomshaper-rgba: rgba($joomshaper, 0.5);
$joomshaper-lighten: lighten($joomshaper,20%);

.joomshaper {background: $joomshaper};
.joomshaper-rgba {background: $joomshaper-rgba};
.joomshaper-lighten {background: $joomshaper-lighten};

Test it with https://www.sassmeister.com/, it compiles nicely into

.joomshaper {background: #69aa41;}
.joomshaper-rgba {background: rgba(105, 170, 65, 0.5);}
.joomshaper-lighten {background: #9fcf82;}

But in https://www.healthybelgium.be/templates/shaper_helixultimate/css/template.css?2105275327 it compiles into

.joomshaper {background: #69aa41;}
.joomshaper-rgba {background: rgba(#69aa41, 0.5);}
.joomshaper-lighten { background: lighten(#69aa41, 20%);}

So I guess there is a problem somewhere in the SCSS/SAAS compiler coming along with Helix Ultimate :)

Toufiq Senior Staff

Thanks @Marc Dechèvre

I hope the developer team will check your issue. Thanks

Marc Dechèvre Asked this

Txs @Toufiq,

I had yesterday the notification of the fix on Github.
I updated Helix and as I mentioned already on Github it does work.

Txs a lot to everyone who contributed to solving this.

Log in to reply.