Browser Page Title does Not Work In Educon - Question | JoomShaper

Browser Page Title does Not Work In Educon

N

naturaux

Template 3 years ago

Hi !

When I add text for the Browser Page Title in the menu's page display options, it does not work. Only the name of the menu item is shown. This happens only for Articles. I just can't understand ! But strangely, if I create a page with SP Page Builder, then it works, but for this website, I am not using SP Builder.

Please is there a way to repair this so that I can be SEO friendly ? Is it a bug ? Thanks !

www.soignezvotreanimalaunaturel.com

Also, why is there such a big space between the menu and the article ? Is there a way to eliminate it ? I habe removed all rows between, so I just can't understand why that space would still be present. Thanks !

11 Answers
Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 years ago #1441

Hello naturaux

Please share your administrator URL and super admin access to check your issue. Use the Hidden Content box to share the credentials. For removing the space, use this Custom CSS.

.view-article #sp-main-body, .view-category #sp-main-body{
    padding-top: 50px !important;
}

Best regards

N
naturaux
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #1598

Thanks ! I have installed the css code and it worked !

As for the url, I just updated the hidden content, where I give my secret url, and you have the admin name and the password ! Wiating for you insight about the Browser Page Title issue. Thanks !

N
naturaux
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #1600

I am also using Admin Tools and I have no idea how to shut it off or permit you to acces my website. Maybe you know ? maybe by providing your IP address ? Thanks !

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 years ago #1638

I have checked your site and got the issue. Please update the helix plugin and then check.

N
naturaux
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #1796

HI ! So I updated the Helix Ultimate template, because I do not see any helix 'plugin' on Joomshaper, so I figured that it may be included in that download, but nothing happened. I also downloaded the Educon template and again, nothing.

So for my homepage, in the browser, we see 'acceuil', which is the menu title, but not what I put as the Browser Page Title in Page Display option.

Please let me know if I needed to downlaod something different. And thanks for your time ! It is really appreciate. Crossing fingers that we can fix this !

N
naturaux
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #1832

Ok, so I went to the Update page of my backend and saw that I could update the Helix Framework to version 4.3. So I did that. And again, no change, even after clearing the cache.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 years ago #4420

Sorry, this is not possible. Whatever you give as Article Title will be the Browser Page Title.

PD
Peter Dowse
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #5734

Ofi - this is incorrect. If you look at other templates, like Arino for example, the Browser Page Title override does indeed work.

I'm guessing its something to do with the menu module in html overrides for the Educon template as it makes no sense that it works for all other template, just not Educon.

I will investigate this further - if you and your team could also look into this as this is a critical bug in that template.

PD
Peter Dowse
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #5740

Ok - have looked into this and narrowed this down to the following file causing the issue.

/templates/shaper_educon/html/com_content/article/default.php

Can the developers please advise what code needs to be added, removed or changed in this file to make browser page title override work correctly please?

PD
Peter Dowse
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #5747

Ok - this is more for naturaux than the Devs - if you go into the following file

/templates/shaper_educon/html/com_content/article/default.php

And at line 41 comment out the following code

$document->setTitle($this->item->title);

Your browser page title overrides will work.

Joomshaper Team It's dissapointing that your Devs just said this wasn't possible and it's now been up to one of your subscribers to come up with a solution, or at least a workaround to this bug. We are paying subscription fees so your Devs can look into this type of stuff and fix it. This is a major bug and a big oversight that has major impacts on SEO - very dissapointing.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 years ago #5828

Thank you for sharing the solution. I will share your feedback with the developer team.