When I use the media manager and create a folder—for example, inside `images`—it doesn't create an `index.htm` file, so I can view the folder's contents by entering `/images/folder_name` in the browser. Is there a way to prevent this? - Forum | JoomShaper
Staff replied SP Page Builder Joomla 6 the last

When I use the media manager and create a folder—for example, inside `images`—it doesn't create an `index.htm` file, so I can view the folder's contents by entering `/images/folder_name` in the browser. Is there a way to prevent this?

Asked by Salvador 1 hour ago Last activity 1 hour ago

When I use the media manager and create a folder—for example, inside images—it doesn't create an index.htm file, so I can view the folder's contents by entering /images/folder_name in the browser. Is there a way to prevent this?

1 reply

Paul Frankowski Senior Staff
1 hour ago · edited

Hi Salvador,

  1. Yes, but in the Hosting Panel you need to disable Directory Listing.
  2. And make sure that you have an .htaccess file with those lines:
 ## No directory listings
<IfModule mod_autoindex.c>
    IndexIgnore *
</IfModule> 

Ask Hosting Support for help if you cannot find 1st setting.

Log in to reply.