Travelia Unique Homepage Tabs Problem - Question | JoomShaper

Travelia Unique Homepage Tabs Problem

U

ukphotoguy

Template 2 years ago

Looks like the tabs component on the Unique homepage has a problem. Unfortunately, I invested in building a site on this template and now realize that the tabs module does not work correctly. When the page opens the correct tab (first one) is displayed, then as you use the tabs you realize that the tab displayed is one below the tab selected. This makes the feature useless because you do not get the correct image for the tab title. Looks to me that the demo site has the same problem. I confirmed that the tabs work OK when the template is changes which makes me think it is the template custom code or some JavaScript conflict. The demo template shows this exact same issue, so I do not need to send you links or access. I have attached two images from your demo website. The first is the opening view where I am confident you can see the image from the first tab, then I show an image of any subsequent selection of that tab and point out you can never get to see that first tab’s image again. Any fix available???? ps cant upload pictures???

6 Answers
U
ukphotoguy
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #24311

Problem seems to be in the php code in /templates/shaper_travelia/sppagebuilder/addons/tab the file site.php has render code that translates the action of the tabs. The first tab is defined as "sppb-tab1-1" but after use this option never appears, selecting the first tab yields "sppb-tab1-2" I can confirm replacing the entire render function from the basic tab sppagebuilder renders the tabs as standard and all tabs work as they should. So, I conclude the issue is in the template custom tab render php code. For a long time I tried to figure out why the correct content was not being displayed, but the less apparent issue was that the tab selector link was incorrect. The first tab was labeled "id="#sppb-content1-2" and not what I believe it should have been id="#sppb-content1-1" Reading the code and trying to work this out seems complicated by the fact there seems to be some JavaScript triggering off the phrase "data-toggle" and that seems to be what adds the incorrect links. That code seems to be in /components/com_sppagebuilder/assets/js/sppagebuilder.js but since that is in min form I drop the ball for your engineers to pick up.

Muntasir Sakib
Muntasir Sakib
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #24330

Hello there,

Please share some screenshots with us of the exact problem that you have described above. You can use this tool to upload screenshots and can share the link of those with us here.

Looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks!

U
ukphotoguy
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #24417

http://prnt.sc/1aiyuxa http://prnt.sc/1aiz75y

The tab title and displayed content do not match on the tabs promo in your unique homepage view of your Travelia template demo. This is the exact same problem I see on my website. My investigation suggests that the javaScript used to calculate the link addresses incorectly calculates the wrong links. Probobly you guys chnaged the core addon but did not fold those chnages into the Travelia render code. This is a live project for me and it will be expensive for me to abandon this design as my client likes this feature.

U
ukphotoguy
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #24418

The first picture is the opening tab one when you load the page for the first time. It is the correct image. The second image is the result of clicking on the tab after it has loaded, this image is from the secons tab content. You can never get back to Tab 1 content and always show the content of the next tab except for the last tab.

Muntasir Sakib
Muntasir Sakib
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #24662

Hello there,

I am sorry to say but we haven't found such problem. Please share your site URL with us and the administrator access in the Hidden Content area so that we can have a look at our end and get back to you soon.

Thanks!

U
ukphotoguy
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #24866

I have to disagee. You own demo site shows the same problem. It is clear that the tabs do not select the correct picture. You only see the first picture on your demo site when you load the page.That is the first mage I shared with you.So, please look at your own demo site. Sure I can give you access tomy site and all the effort that includes. But in this case your own site has the problem. Go look and investigate and not assumeIam the problem. Checkout your unique version of the tempklat demo, then play with the tabs module, you will see it does not work correctly.The image shown is the one for the tab below the one you click, that is why you do not see the first picture again.