Multiple Audio Clip Behaviour On SP Pagebuilder - Question | JoomShaper

Multiple Audio Clip Behaviour On SP Pagebuilder

C

cliffvt

SP Page Builder 3 years ago

Using multiple audio clips on a SP Page Builder page - when one is playing and the user starts another the first one doesnt stop as is customary usage and both keep playing. I know HTML5 has the capability to do this but it doesnt seem to be built into SP PageBuilder.

is there a workaround or fix please?

8 Answers
C
cliffvt
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #1881

Guys would appreciate an update in this - we need this capability for a live website and its delaying our publication. Thanks a lot.

Other Joomla HTML5 audio players that have this as standard functionality is for example: http://demo.joomlaxtc.com/extensions3/multimedia/mp3chart https://extensionspot.com/joomla30/audiofly-audio-player/grid-display https://www.superjoom.com/products/sj-html5-audio-player.html#demo

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 3 years ago #2945

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting us. Sorry for the inconvenience. I have added your issue in our working board. I hope the developer team will consider your request.

-Thanks

Al Mamun
Al Mamun
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 years ago #2996

Hi cliffvt,

We are using HTML5 audio not any JS plugin to play audio. That is default beviour of HTML5 audio player. Here a example you can check.

Thanks, Mamun

SS
Seamoose IT Solutions
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #3829

Hi Mamun, it might indeed be the default HTML5 behaviour, though it's not given the best/expected user experience. From user point of view current playing audio file shoudl stop when another audio clip is played on the same page. Could you pse provide a fix and short term work around for this? Will be much appreciated! kind regards, Peter

Al Mamun
Al Mamun
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 years ago #4043

Hi,

Thank you very much for understanding. Sorry to say that there is no easy way to fix but I can recommend you to find a extension from Joomla Extension Directory to use.

Thanks, Mamun

C
cliffvt
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #4076

GOT IT!!

OK all, I really DON'T want to have to download another extension for this. So, I have some script that works well!!

If you go to Mamun's page he created in his post above and then type this into the Javascript field, a JS call in conjunction with the HTML5 Audio elements works fanastically!

On our website we use Joomshaper Indigo template, so I pasted this code into the "Custom Javascript" area under template edit and it works perfectly stopping audio as you play the next one - hope this helps

var curPlaying;
window.addEventListener("play", function(evt)
{
if(window.$_currentlyPlaying && window.$_currentlyPlaying != evt.target)
{
    window.$_currentlyPlaying.pause();
} 
window.$_currentlyPlaying = evt.target;
}, true);
$(function () {
$(".playback").click(function (e) {
    e.preventDefault();
    var song = $(this).next('audio')[0];
    if (song.paused) {
        if (curPlaying) {
            $("audio", "#" + curPlaying)[0].pause();
        }
        song.play();
        curPlaying = $(this).parent()[0].id;
    } else {
        song.pause();
        curPlaying = null;
    }
});
});

The following reduced JS also works fine!

window.addEventListener("play", function(evt)
{
    if(window.$_currentlyPlaying && window.$_currentlyPlaying != evt.target)
    {
        window.$_currentlyPlaying.pause();
    } 
    window.$_currentlyPlaying = evt.target;
}, true);
C
cliffvt
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #4080

Al Mamun, let me jst say how disappointed I am as a long time fan and paid user of SPPB Pro and your templates to see this type of answer - it would be so nice if you tried to find answers or help us rather than stock standard answers or sending us to find other extensions!

SS
Seamoose IT Solutions
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #4192

@cliffvt: thanks for your fast response and workaround solution. works as expected! gr, Peter