500 Error Returned In Background Screen On Helixultimate/Template Options Selection On Configuring The Template - Question | JoomShaper

500 Error Returned In Background Screen On Helixultimate/Template Options Selection On Configuring The Template

John Mulhall

John Mulhall

Helix Framework 2 years ago

Hi Folks,

I just upgraded from Joomla 3.10.1 to 4.0.2 and my extra plugins Akeeba backup, AdminTools and SecurityCheck all work but I am getting upon clicking of the 'Helix Ultimate' template that I uploaded when clicking into it and clicking 'Template Options, the following Message:

Sorry, there was a problem we could not recover from. The server returned a "500 - Whoops, looks like something went wrong."

helixultimate

Template Options

Its in the background to the screen where the working verticial menu items actually work. I think its preview pane render of the changes to be made. Im on php 7.4.22 by my shared hosting plan and Joomla 4.0.2. Is this a preview pane, and does it affect the ability to use the Helix Ultimate template? Is its php version related and my use of helixultimate will be limited? If so, how will it be so?

I tried Pitech and had the same result in Template Options where the background screen to the horizontal menu that seems to work was giving the error. Cassiopeia - Default was loaded with v4.0.2 and seems to work without issue. I just finished the prep work for my site and domain so dont want to proceed with content development until I know why and if I can use these Joomshaper templates.

6 Answers
Ariba
Ariba
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #33561

Hello

Thank you for your query.

Could you kindly go through the documentation link first below regarding the 500 Server error you are facing:

https://www.joomshaper.com/documentation/sp-page-builder/sp-page-builder-2-x/500-internal-server-error

John Mulhall
John Mulhall
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #33563

Hi Ariba, thanks for the feedback. My query does not related to SP Page Builder, but helix ultimate template Options, so clicking into Templates on Joomla 4.0.2 brings you to a screen with 'Template Options' (Same for Pitect template). I clicked on and I get the veritical menu that floats to the left of the screen but the backing screen has an error reporting a 500 based (see my initial post above). Your link refers to a few things and the only thing I think it could be is php version of that list. Does php 7.4.22 run on helix ultimate properly? Have you seem this before?

John Mulhall
John Mulhall
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #33564

Note I checked SecurityCheck, Akeeba Backup and Admintools along with Http-Headers for HSTS Transport Header enforcement turning the plugins off one by one and the render in Template Options of Helix Ultimate did not resolve, it still gave the vertical menu (seemingly unaffected) and the background render that looks like a preview function (is this correct) returning a 500 error. Can you help explain why and get a resolution to it?

John Mulhall
John Mulhall
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #33566

Some more thoughts, Im having trouble justifying the $139 I spent on the 3 website support and catalog support along with SP Page Builder on Joomla 4. Am I correct in saying Helix Ultimate MAYBE Jooma 4 compatable along with PiTech? I uploaded both onto my site and neither render because Im thinking of this 500 error. It looks more and more like a php issue yet 7.4.22 is still supported.

Please provide some insight onto my query as above.

John Mulhall
John Mulhall
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #33568

One other piece of feedback, Joomla 4.0.2 does not allow anything over 32MB to be upload so the Joomla4 quick start zip cannot be used as its circa 52.3MB

John Mulhall
John Mulhall
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #33642

Ok, I got into your Helix Ultimate docs at https://www.joomshaper.com/documentation/helix-framework/helixultimate and saw some basic requirements I should have caught before I bought the 3 website plan for $99 plus SP for $40, which appear to be at the heart of the issue. Basically my shared hosting plan supports joomla 4 BUT it does not support Joomshaper products, making my purchase redundant.

Here is the requirements I queried with my shared hosting provider:

Hi I went an bought a HelixUlitmate package from Joomshaper and did an upgrade to Joomla 4.0.2 sucessfullty testing my SecurityCheck/AdminTools/System HttpHeader and Akeeba Backup extensions installed in addition to Helix Ultimate & Joomshaper's PiTech template.

All are fine save Helix Ultimate and PiTech template, which run an advanced template layer that is modern and suppposdly Joomla 4 compatiable. I have a support ticket with them but after reviewing docs in troubleshooting (suspecting some issue with my plan running php 7.4.22 and apparently its supported by HelixUltimate), I see the basic requirements I need your help with, which from https://www.joomshaper.com/documentation/helix-framework/helix-ultimate-2/introductionn are as follows:

Technical Requirements

Installing Helix Ultimate Template and Helix Ultimate QuickStart package requires a server (Linux / Apache), but it can be installer also locally on your computer with WAMP/JAMP/XAMPP/MAMP software. Please make sure your system meets the following requirements:

PHP 7.0.x (minimum), PHP 7.1-4 or PHP 8 : I know my plan is on php 7.4.22 so all good on this one

MySQLi 5.6+ or MariaDB - I know Im on MySQL 5.7.35 so all good

upload_max_filesize = 4M (or more) - ?

memory_limit = 128M, 256M or 512M - ?

max_execution_time = 180 (but 300 or more is recommended) - ?

cURL library - your server must work with curl or url_fopen. - ?

OpenSSL Libraries - must be enabled. - ?

PHP file_get_contents() function - must be available/unlocked. - ?

Notice! Helix Ultimate template package can be installed and used only on Joomla 3.9.x, Joomla 3.10.x, and Joomla 4.0.x. The above values can be changed in cPanel or inside php.ini or .htaccess file. Please contact your web hosting service provider to ask them where/how to change PHP settings.

Can you advise on the requirments where I have a ? after? I bought this template package and cannot use it. At least if I know those requirements are fulfilled, I can go back to Joomshaper support to debug and get a refund if required. I have 15 days from last Friday to do this.

Please see attached, when I got into the Helix Ultimate template and template options, it gives me this instead of an actionable background. This is the same when I experimently installed their PiTech template. The previews of the websites show the same 500 coming back. I now think its a platform setting that is returning this. I tried them with my SecurityCheck, AdminTools and Akeeba back up plugins disabled (plugin cache cleared also) and same result.

Here is the response I got back from my shared hosting provider:

The following values (only) have now been set to the maximum we allow on Shared Hosting:

max_execution_time: 120 seconds max_input_vars: 5000 memory_limit: 384 MB post_max_size: 64 MB upload_max_filesize: 64 MB

Curl is fine - that is not an issue, and usually is not disabled on a Linux based hosting system

Also OpenSSL is fine as well.

We do not have allow_url_fopen enabled on Shared Hosting as it can be a serious security risk and the accepted workaround, and what is typically implemented today by seasoned developers, is the use of curl to first fetch the data from a remote source and then work on the retrieved data.

I tried again upon 3 hours and got the same preview pane and template/template options response of 500 error per this query, nothing has changed. So, Im gonna uninstall SP Builder (saves ok on testing but errors with 500s too when preview pane is clicked) AND both PiTech and Helix Ultimate as they are incompatiable at the least with your basic requirements (e.g. my shared hosting plan timout is 120 seconds, your min timout is 180 seconds) and it definately does not work at all.