Pleas Make Helix Compatible To DPCalendar - Question | JoomShaper

Pleas Make Helix Compatible To DPCalendar

MJ

Mac Joomla

Helix Framework 2 years ago

Dear Joomshapers, i realy love Page Builder and Helix Ultimate Template. Unfortunately Helix is not compatible with great DPCalendar Component at https://joomla.digital-peak.com/products/dpcalendar

If you use DPCalendar with Helix Ultimate, it is showing a totally crashed form if you want to add an event. As there is no problem wit DPCalendar and Protostar Template, i wonder why there is such a great error in displaying the form. That way it is nearly impossible to use this calendar with helix ultimate template at all. So it would be great, if you could have a look to the form engine and i would be happy, if this will work fine together.

Thank you and best regards

14 Answers
Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #33851

If I may.... Also this time I have to agree with Pavel.

For example: Helix Ultimate 2.0 uses Boostrap 5 - and this is the last version. No legacy is planned.

Other extensions developers give users a choice, for example in RSforms pro (Rsjoomla.com) webmaster can choose with Boostrap he wants to use to display forms (Boostrap 2, 3, 4 or 5) - this is the perfect way to keep compatibility.

I think if you want to keep DPCalendar - you have two choices:

1. Ask its developer for CSS update
  2. Add your own CSS fixes.
Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #33665

Hello Mac Joomla

Thanks for your suggestion. Please share your console screenshot of the event page. I will share it with the developer.

Best regards

MJ
Mac Joomla
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #33670

Hello Ofi Khan, thank you for your fast answer. You can take a live look at the form at the following hidden link.

By the way: It is only about the forms. Calendar itself seems to work fine with helix ultimate, if you dont have need to add new events or locations ;)

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #33681

Thanks for your clarification. I think you just need CSS customization. The form should work.

MJ
Mac Joomla
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #33685

Thank you Ofi Khan, that is possible, but it is beyond my ability. If I change something here, something suddenly looks strange elsewhere. Also, I wonder why the css in the Helix Ultimate are so different for these forms, that a component may look normal in Protstar, but not here in Helix anymore. Can you help me with the css? Do you have a suggestion? And if it works, wouldnt it work for all?

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #33687

Sorry, we do not provide customization support. But here is a tip for you. Please use this CSS to Template Options -> Custom Code -> Custom CSS

.com-dpcalendar-eventform .dp-control, .com-dpcalendar-eventform .control-group{
    justify-content: space-between !important;
}
.com-dpcalendar-locationform .dp-control, .com-dpcalendar-locationform .control-group{
    justify-content: space-between !important;
}
MJ
Mac Joomla
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #33692

Hello Ofi Khan, thank you for the code, you can see it now on the page, what it does. It is still impossible to add an image and you dont have a colorchooser, just two examples…

To be honest i dont wanted a custmization, but just asked how we can get this to work, like it works with standard template. Is ist not that what you want, not just to have the best template framework, but even it is working out of the box with common components?

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #33814

I understand what you are saying. But it is not possible to ensure compatibility with each third-party component. However, I will share your feedback to the developers.

MJ
Mac Joomla
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #33828

Thank you Ofi Khan!

And just one thing, i would not mind, if the component DPCalendar was not working with protostar standardtemplate too. But there it is working fine. So shouldnt it be the goal to do what joomla can and more like we are used to with joomshaper?

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #33833

Hi Mac. If you allow... No, it should not be a goal in this form as it seems to you. Protostar - an outdated template and uses old technologies. Helix is the newest template and uses the newest technologies. Unfortunately, this does not have backward compatibility. Obviously, DpCalendar developers do not care about their users, forcing them to take a step back. Otherwise they would get rid of dependencies from jQuery and Bootstrap 2 and would create an extension operating in any template.

I think DpCalendar will not work normally not only in Helix but also in other modern templates.

The template is the house, extansions is a furniture. Nobody breaks and rebuilds the house for the sake of old furniture. And in this case, if you have a carpenter's skills, you take the saw and plans and customize the old furniture for the new house or hire someone for this work.

MJ
Mac Joomla
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #33838

Hello Pavel, thank you for pointing this out and for you explanation. These are things an average joomla user is not thinking about. Overall it is all about joomla and not only about newest technologies. There was a time when protostar has been the status quo and the first question has been "Does ist work with protostar?" So if it does not work with joomla standardtemplate, then dont expect it to work with other templates. I was just thinking this way vice versa. Maybe i will forward your statement to the DPCalendars Developper, if you dont mind?

Thank you again for your clear words. Best regards

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #33842

Maybe i will forward your statement to the DPCalendars Developper, if you dont mind?

I do not mind. But I am not an official representative of Joomshaper or the team employee. Just a user, like you. Therefore, I am written by the user's private opinion, but not a representative of the company.

MJ
Mac Joomla
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #33844

Thank you Pavel, this was a misunderstanding, thought you were working for joomshaper…

Would Jommshaper agree with this statement, not have to be compatible with joomla standard template?

MJ
Mac Joomla
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #33853

Hello Paul, thank you for your answer and pointing this out.

Best regards