Module Error - Save Failed With The Following Error: The Content Exceeds Allowed Limits - Question | JoomShaper

Module Error - Save Failed With The Following Error: The Content Exceeds Allowed Limits

FUTURECLIENT

FUTURECLIENT

SP Page Builder 2 years ago

Hi,

I cannot save my SP Page Builder module as I get the error "Save failed with the following error: The content exceeds allowed limits":

I haven't had this error before and I'm undure what to do?

6 Answers
FUTURECLIENT
FUTURECLIENT
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #36180

I found a fix

in libraries\src\Table\Module.php I changed a bit of code, to increase the character limit for Joomla modules

In line 127 of the php file:

if ((strlen($this->content) > 65535) || (strlen($this->params) > 65535))

I doubled the limit:

if ((strlen($this->content) > 131070) || (strlen($this->params) > 131070))

This then stopped the "Error: The Content Exceeds Allowed Limits"

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #36109

Hello FUTURECLIENT

Maybe you are exceeding the limit that is allowed for Module. Please export the module and share the JSON file in ZIP format to check.

Best regards

FUTURECLIENT
FUTURECLIENT
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #36176

Maybe you are exceeding the limit that is allowed for Module. Please export the module and share the JSON file in ZIP format to check.

Its only hapening for SP Page Builder modules, since 3.7.15. I've made larger pagebuilder modules in the past, so I don't know why its happening now

I checked the database for the module and its not close to the character limit (which I think I remeber is 65,655 characters or something)

How do I export a module and "share the JSON file in ZIP format to check"?

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #36245

Thanks for sharing the solution. But it seems like the issue is on our end. SP Page Builder 3.7.13 works fine. Developers are checking and we will fix it soon.

ER
Erik Rietman
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #37693

Same problem here. Pagebuilder Version: 3.7.15. Above solution breaks page so a quick fix would be very helpful!

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #37696

Update: We have figured out the issue and will be fixed in the next update.