Is Joomla 4 Ready For Use? - Question | JoomShaper

Is Joomla 4 Ready For Use?

G

GarageCentraal

General 2 years ago

Hi,

I have been thinking of moving my website to Joomla 4. Server settings are good for Joomla 4, All main current extensions are Joomla 4 compatible, and I am currently running the latest 3.10 version. However, I would like to hear the opinion whether Joomla 4 as it stands now is ready and at least the most pressing bugs have been dealt, or is preferable to wait a little longer for final migration. I saw the bug tracker for Joomla 4 and seems there is still quite some work to be done.

Your opinion is highly appreciated.

Rgds,

Rodney

4 Answers
Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #39226

Hi there!

Thanks for contacting us.

Yes, some of our products including Helix Ultimate and SP Page Builder are compatible with Joomla 4 now! But as you are asking for opinion then I want to suggest you to wait more, since Joomla 3.x will be supported version for 1/2 years more! In the mean time Joomla 4 will be more stable:)

But if you want you can take a full site backup and test on your localhost to see how is going everything, so that it will not affect your live site.

Best Regards

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #39227

Hi, Yes, I also recommend to wait few months until most of Joomla 4 errors would be fixed.

Joomla 3.10 will be supported for next 1-2 years, so no rush = no problems.

G
GarageCentraal
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #39231

Thanks Rashida and Paul. I'll wait as suggested.

Rgds,

Rodney

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #39277

We wanted to be honest in our opinions, rush is not always advisable. you're welcome.