Bootstrap Helix Prob Or Bug - Question | JoomShaper

Bootstrap Helix Prob Or Bug

MS

Martin Seidl

Helix Framework 2 years ago

Hi Guys,

I disabled helix and switched to different template and then saving an entry in sobi pro event calender worked. The support of sobi pro told me to disable somehow the bootstrap in the template. But of course i wont switch to another template and want to keep helix.

Do u have an idea how remove this conflict or rather how to disable somehow bootstrap. Sobi runs with bootstrap3.

5 Answers
Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #41039

Hi there!

Thanks for your query.

Yes, we are using the upgraded version of bootstrap in our Helix Ultimate 2, which is Bootstrap v5.0.1.

There is no way to disable bootstrap from the template as per my knowledge.

Best Regards

A
Allen
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #57014

It's the HU System Framework plugin that is messing with your Bootstrap 3 component.

Until Helix System Plugin 2.0.x, I have been able to isolate run legacy Bootstrap 3 components in a separate template (isolated from HU) with Helix Ultimate 1.1.4 and System Framework Plugin 1.1.4. See https://www.certifiedinfosec.com/e-learning. Unfortunately, the workaround does not help once you update past 1.1.4. Bummer.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #57027

In theory you can load needed Bootstrap3 file(s) as 2nd framework after loading BT5 of course this is not the perfect way, but.... it may work.

it's not our fault that SobiPro developer "forgot" about bootstrap upgrades. Basic fact: Bootstrap 3.3.7 was published in 07.2016, and now we have 2022, right.

A
Allen
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #57034

Hi Paul,

I agree 100% about the no fault statement. Sadly, it what some of us get stuck with when we try to run less maintained components on the HU platform. When the other developers won't keep up, some joomshaper customers have to find workarounds as you know. So it is in the world of Joomla.

My LMS just finally updated to support PHP 7.4 in December. Wow. I can't even update to Joomla 4 because I am not aware of another affordable fully scorm compliant LMS with solid learner management, tracking and completion certificate management. Until the LMS gets up to speed with bootstrap 5, I'm stuck at HU 1.1.4 and Joomla 3.x. Frustrating.

However, backwards compatibility could be considered a virtue for a platform hosting so many different components. ;-)

MS
Martin Seidl
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #57086

Thnx, Guys! Sure it is not fault of Helix and Joomshaper!