The Installation Process Failed - Question | JoomShaper

The Installation Process Failed

TB

Timucin Bahsi

Template 2 years ago

I'm trying to install the template Estate from here: https://www.joomshaper.com/joomla-templates/estate

I'm using the quickstart package but the installation page says it failed. I wasn't able to find any sort of error outputs regarding this. I'll attach the docker-compose files that i use. Thanks in advance

13 Answers
TB
Timucin Bahsi
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #41394

Solved.

Warnings. When installing joomla in the development environment thuss having display errors=On The installer seems to think the output is a result of failure. Even though there are no actual errors; warnings and notices create output. Turned off error reporting and the installation was successful. Thanks so much for taking your time to look into this with me.

Cheers, have a nice one

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #41379

Hi,

1. Have you read this: https://www.joomshaper.com/documentation/joomla-templates/rythm/installation-problems-troubleshooting
  2. Please share your: PHP version and Database name and version
  3. Please delete link to QS from your post (!)
  4. If you want to share any private data use "Hidden Content" area
TB
Timucin Bahsi
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #41383
  1. I have read it but the issue is not it taking too long. It barely takes 3 seconds until it says "The installation process failed" on top. There's no ouput in stdout, the apache error log, joomla logs or installation directory logs.
  2. PHP version 8.0.12
  3. Sure.
Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #41386

Thanks.

You forgot to tell me about used Database name and version.

BTW Are you able to switch to PHP 7.4 for next days, also for installation process.

TB
Timucin Bahsi
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #41388

Oh yeah. Database is MySql:5.6 I just tested with php 7.4.25. Same result.

TB
Timucin Bahsi
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #41392

Is there any way that I can see any logs/error messages? Even though the installation fails it asks me to remove the installation forlder on the next requests but doesn't work properly. I installed php intl extension by investigating the runtime error. I don't have the runtime error now on the homepage but the install process still fails. This indicates that there's going to be run time error somewhere else later on

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #41526

If you want I can create you alternative installator by using Akeeba Backup tool. It works different than Joomla default one, is more robust.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #41534

In case of... Below you have link to file (you have to download in next 48h) .

Unzip and install step by step. Remember to click update /tmp folder and change password to Joomla.

Snowflake
Snowflake
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #72627

Hello I have the same problem. Have tried two different quickstart packages and they both fail without telling me any errors. I am installing on localhost, with latest xampp platform.

PHP version 8.1.6

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #72762

PHP 8.1 is not recommended for our Quickstart and Joomla itself, probably that's why you have all problems.

Please use PHP 7.4 on Localhost/Xampp and try again.

Snowflake
Snowflake
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #72780

Joomla has installed without problems on the local host using PHP 8.1.

I have attempted to install the quickstart package on another server using PHP 7.4. It still failed without saying why.

A
Abraham
Accepted Answer
7 months ago #129785

Hi, I have been trying to install hope_quickstart_j4_v2.0.0, giver_quickstart_j4_v2.0.0, and a couple of other Quickstart packs but I keep getting this message "The installation process failed." what should I do please. it is very urgent.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 7 months ago #129788

@Abraham

are you able to install clean Joomla 4.3 (from joomla.org) ?

if not, contact with hosting support.

Those QS may request using lower PHP 8 version, not 8.2 or 8.1 but 8.0 to install them.