SP Simple Portfolio Remove Tags & Date At Frontend - Question | JoomShaper

SP Simple Portfolio Remove Tags & Date At Frontend

RA

Rafael Alvarez

Extension 2 years ago

Hi

We are using Helix Ultimate with Joomla 4

We would like to remove tags & date when one item of the portfolio at the frontend page (when item is selected and showed at the right you will see tags & date. Is it possible to remove ?

Also would be nice to be able to decide if project link could be opened on a new window or in the same window. The reason is cause you might want to have a link to external site product (project) or SP Page (content)

Thanks.

10 Answers
Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #48416

Please use this CSS to Template Options -> Custom Code -> Custom CSS

.sp-simpleportfolio .sp-simpleportfolio-meta{
    padding-left: 0px !important;
}

and go to the same location and replace default.php with the newly attached file. You need to unzip the file and then replace.

default.php.zip

Translate this COM_SPSIMPLEPORTFOLIO_VIEW_PROJECT string to change the text View Project.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #47932

Hello Rafael Alvarez

Please use this CSS to Template Options -> Custom Code -> Custom CSS to hide the information.

.sp-simpleportfolio-view-item .sp-simpleportfolio-meta {
    display: none;
}

Go to this location: components/com_spsimpleportfolio/views/items/tmpl and in default.php file change line 92 to this

<a class="btn-view" target="_blank" href="/<?php echo $this->item->url; ?>"><?php echo Text::_('COM_SPSIMPLEPORTFOLIO_VIEW'); ?></a>

This code will open the item in a new window for SP Simple Portfolio menu item. If you want this in SP Simple Portfolio Module, then go to this location: modules/mod_spsimpleportfolio/tmpl and in default.php file change line 77 to this

<a class="btn-view" target="_blank" href="/<?php echo $item->url; ?>"><?php echo Text::_('MOD_SPSIMPLEPORTFOLIO_VIEW'); ?></a>

Best regards

RA
Rafael Alvarez
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #48162

Hi Ofi:

Thanks very much for your response.

.sp-simpleportfolio-view-item .sp-simpleportfolio-meta {
    display: none;
}

It works Ok but keeps the space for the meta-data and looks a little extrange. I would like to have the image and the description use 100% of the page with (like article).

Regarding the second question, I might explain wrong. Porfolio allows you to use a "project link" but the project always opens on a new window. ....

What we would like to use is SP simple portfolio as a short description of a page product (like a manufacurer catalogue). Maybe you could consider in the future adding this to the portfolio extension.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #48190

Please remove the CSS then. I have modified the file. Please go to this location: components/com_spsimpleportfolio/views/item/tmpl and replace default.php file with the attached file. You need to unzip the file and then replace. This will remove date and tag and project will be opened on the same tab.

default.php.zip

RA
Rafael Alvarez
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #48272

Hi Ofi

Thanks for your response.

It does work but not Ok.

Project link works Ok, but label should be different (in spanish). I will try to find were to change

You will see the description & the image does not fit 100% of the page, looks the space is kept

I am sending you the link as private info so you can see it.

Best Regards

RA
Rafael Alvarez
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #48458

Hi Ofi

Thanks for your response, we will test and let you know.

Best Regards

RA
Rafael Alvarez
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #48670

Hi Ofi,

Thanks for your help on this

We are getting the same issue after modifications there is a lot of empty space at the right side.

Best Regards

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #48682

Please use this CSS to Template Options -> Custom Code -> Custom CSS

.sp-simpleportfolio .sp-simpleportfolio-description{
    width: 100% !important;
}
RA
Rafael Alvarez
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #48713

Hi Ofi

Worked! thank you very much.

Best Regards

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #48727

You are welcome. I have a humble request. It would be very kind of you if you can manage some moment to give us feedback on Joomla Extension Directory. This will inspire us to improve.