How To Add Popper.js To Joomla Article - Question | JoomShaper

How To Add Popper.js To Joomla Article

DM

Daniel Michaels

Helix Framework 2 years ago

I'm using Helix Ultimate (and other Joomshaper tempates...I'm a subscriber) and I'd like to take advantage of popper.js in regular Joomla articles. I tried to add a link href to popper using custom code in the template, but it will not allow me to add a link to popper (or any other link for that matter).

Is popper already compiled with bootstrap 5 in Helix Ultimate templates? If yes, how do I initialize it in a regular article?

5 Answers
DM
Daniel Michaels
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #50571

I opened up bootstrap.min.css and found lots of bs-poppover references, so it appears that popper is already compiled with bootstrap 5 in Helix ultimate. However, when I try to use it on a page, such as the example below, it does not work. Am I missing a step?

<a tabindex="0" class="btn btn-lg btn-danger" role="button" data-bs-toggle="popover" data-bs-trigger="focus" title="Dismissible popover" data-bs-content="And here's some amazing content. It's very engaging. Right?">Dismissible popover</a>

This example is taken from https://getbootstrap.com/docs/5.0/components/popovers/

DM
Daniel Michaels
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #50572

Also, I tried to initialize the popover by adding the following to the script section of custom code in my template:

var popoverTriggerList = [].slice.call(document.querySelectorAll('[data-bs-toggle="popover"]'))
var popoverList = popoverTriggerList.map(function (popoverTriggerEl) {
  return new bootstrap.Popover(popoverTriggerEl)
})

In theory, if popper.js was compiled with bootstrap 5, this script along with the example above should have worked.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #50582

Hi Daniel.

You can upload whole content of Popper.js file inside custom.js file, must be created first.

HERE: templates/shaper_helix3/js/custom.js

Sorry, but all kinds of JavaScript/php customizations are on your hands only.

DM
Daniel Michaels
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #50597

Thanks Paul, that's very helpful.

pepperstreet
pepperstreet
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #92427

Late to the party, but I had to deal with a similar task ;) In the meantime, current version of Helix Ultimate v2.0.11, it should work as expected. The PopOver initialization script is included in the template's main.js file. The actual PopOver component and the related ToolTip component are included in the Bootstrap5 bundle. So it should be enabled on the entire website.

Usage and syntax can be found here: https://getbootstrap.com/docs/5.1/components/popovers/

–––

PS: Regarding your older question 10 months ago... If you want to fire a custom script or initialization, you have to add a trigger or event. Something that starts the script, when entering the website. Actually, when the page is ready.

A.) Vanilla JavaScript

window.onload = function() { 
        // YOUR CODE HERE!
}

B.) Vanilla JavaScript

window.addEventListener('load', function() {
    // YOUR CODE HERE!
})

C.) If jQuery is loaded on your site

jQuery(function($) {
    $(document).ready(function() {
    // YOUR CODE HERE!