Main Menu Font Color Bug

J

joe

Helix Framework 2 years ago

Took me MONTHS to figure this out.

Create the following two menu items with at least one sub menu item in each:

1. System Link > Separator
  2. System Link > URL (#)

Now you will notice the font color for the Separator System Link menu item is controlled by Typography > Body NOT the Presets, as it should.

However, the font color for the URL System Link menu item is properly controlled by settings in Presets, as it should.

Therefore, it is impossible to use Separators under the following circumstances:

1. Your Header is Dark
  2. Your Body is a light color (White)
  • or-
  1. Your header is a light color
  2. Your Body is a dark color

Why?

Because if your header is dark and you use Light Color (White), the fonts in Body cannot be seen as they will appear a light color font on a light color background. The same is true if you flip the light and dark colors around.

• JoomShaper, is this a Bug?
  • Will this be fixed?
5 Answers
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #55985

Hi

Could you please give me your site URL and also screenshot so that I can check?

-Regards

J
joe
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #55990

I provided detail information for you to recreate this issue. Feel free to check your in-house version.

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 2 years ago #56009

Could you please give me the information here?

J
joe
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #56032

In my honest opinion, the bug MUST be confirmed on your own in-house copy of the lastest versions of J4 and Helix Ultimate.

I am not asking for you to fix this issue for me, but pointing this bug so your develpers can confirm and fix this issue for the upcoming Helix Ultimate release.

I only thought to mention this as it appears that Mr. Toufiq was not aware of this issue when answering someone with 'likely' the same question:

URL: https://www.joomshaper.com/forum/question/10926

However, if you stil persist to look at my website, the details are provided in my other unresolved ticket found here:

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #56104

Hi Joe,

Yes, you're right.

Menu items without real link ( for example Separator ) use colors from body settings. To fix it you have to use extra custom CSS. But I agree with you that it should be included in Template Options. I guess was not, becuase separator is used very rare. I added to wish-list already.

.sp-megamenu-parent li > span.sp-menu-separator {
  color: red;
}