More Bugs ! SUPER FRUSTRATING ! - Question | JoomShaper

More Bugs ! SUPER FRUSTRATING !

A

Arthur

Template 2 years ago

I am shocked how many bugs are in the template ! I became super frustrated with the amount of mess in the template. This mess causing me wasting ton of time. On top of that because of those bugs I keep wasting time posting here. I feel like I am a tester for the HELIX TEMPLATE not a user. This really has to change. At this moment I really would not even recommend this template to anybody (despite it is free). Not sure about J# but in Joomla 4 it ia a total disaster !

On top of bugs there are many settings which share the same objects. Another words I change to text color for the Page Heading and this changes colors of some other objests on the page. Yes it can be overriden with CSS , but the whole point of using the template and SPB is to avoid coding (so things can be done quicker).

In the template settings - when for example Field label applies to the Body Text Color it should say: "Body Text Color", .....not just "Text". This is so logical ! Please review your template and make corrections. At this stage I CONSIDER IT NOT READY FOR USE !

This is really super annoying. No wonder I have so many issues and you guys pointing me to the documentation while the basic things are messed up. The labels in the Temaplte Serttings are total mess. Not only they are incomplete, not only some major settings are missing but some Labels pointing out to completely wong objects in the template.

Here is an example: https://ibb.co/nB7h4rz

This is just a simple example, but there are more things like this, and nobody seem to test this! I can't believe you guys released this mess as ready for production, but it seems to be common practice here. I updated two versions of SPB and none of them is working :-( I instlled your product on 4 sites and all of them produce the same problems.

https://ibb.co/rHjGHr8

I have said that before. While SPB seems to be a solid product (Except the bugs in recent versions), Helix Ultimate Template is a big , big mess ! PLEASE FIX BUGS !

11 Answers
Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #53177

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting us. Sorry for the inconvenience. I would request you to watch the video and you can create as bug list in our github

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ghFXP4iZBSNw1a4mdXVQYPUS5iUc_HjF/view?usp=sharing

But, Please don't use slang

https://imgbb.com/rHjGHr8

-Thanks

A
Arthur
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #53262

Why would I watch the video ? IT is so obvious. The LABEL says "Link", but it applies to the Article Header.

IT IS SO OBVIOUS !

WHAT ELSE YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND ?

I wasted tons of time because of your insane naming things in the Template pSettings panel. It is very confusing and certain parts make no sense (like this example abovew). Instead pointing me to the videos go and check this for your self. LINK is something else than PAGE HEADER - right ? So what are you talking about ?
Thing like this are simply qualify as "carelessness" (because I do not think you have problem with English....)

I also pointed out other bugs and so far no response, no fix,.... so yes I am getting pissed off, because instead of being productive I deal with issues and problems. While I can understand that developers make errors and create bugs (I am developer myself) - I do not understand ignorance or carelesness or stupidity. Whoever created this Template panel should be fired. period! Page Builder is good. The Helix Template sucks.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #53263

I think you are not satisfied to use the Helix Ultimate. if you don't mind you can raise a refund request. Thanks

A
Arthur
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #53647

So you would rather issue a refund, than fix the bugs ? I have already spent ton of time trying to build 3 sites. Do you nderstand my point ? It is not about the refund or just harasingyou. there is nothing personal but if you offer a product you have to test it and if somebody reports a bug then you need to be adult enough to take it and fix it ASAP. Even if I walk away with the refund in my hand I will not certainly recommend your product to others (and this is certainly not what you would want).

I state again. SPB is not a bad product and if the recent bugs are fixed (were the recent update made SPB simply useless), then it is one of the best available.

I certainly cannot say this about your Helix Template. I have asked several times to fix those bugs ! I am not even talking about improving or adding new features, but just making usable what it is right now. If you silent on that, then it means you do not really consider fixing those bugs anytime soon and if this is the case then yes I would rather use some other extension than deal endlessly with template bugs.

For example I posted a bug report about the social Icons not showing up where expected. Since then - SILENCE! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING !

If you decide to work on template I can create detailed video pointing out the issues. Some of them can bix fixed in a matter of minutes or hours. Some other perhaps a bit longer but so far I do not see much cooperation form your end.

I am waiting for you to explain how those bug will be handled ?

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #53741

Capture a screencast video and we will try to make an update as soon as possible. Besides, I have shared a screencast video which is works fine. Did you check?

A
Arthur
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #54444

Yes I have seen your video. It is kinda hard to follow because you jumping so much all over the screen but,..

1. I do not have problem with the header of footer colors.
  2. The problem I have is MENU, ARTICLE HEADER and PAGE BODY

Menu - when the MENU HEADING is added then it does not inherit colors from other menu items. This is a bug in CSS and should be fixed easily.

ARTICLE HEADER - I pointed out with the arrow, then when I change this setting (which describes body text color) it changes the color othe the text in the Headin AND In the Body. THIS MUST BE SEPARATED. One cannot affect another.

PAGE BODY - as long as page background is white everything works and looks OK, but once it is changed then all kinds of issues show up. Working with colors in the template is a nightmare. I wasted wat to much time strugling with this

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #54512

Check here and let me know. Thanks

A
Arthur
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #54810

I do not know what you trying to suggest OR show. I entered that page (as admin) opened the fron end and IT LOOKS LIKE GARBAGE! just scroll to the bottom. Black text on dark brown BGND ?

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #54883

https://prnt.sc/26m97yr

Please check the screenshot and indicate me the problemtic area.

J
joe
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #55915

By chance, are you using: Menu Item Type > System Links > Separator

If so, the font color for a Sepaator, for some reason, is controlled by the Body font setting.

Instead, use System Links > URL as this Menu Item Types is controlled by the menu font color.

If you use the URL make surre to add a # symbol where it indicates "Link *"

For a better explanation see this post:

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #56101

@Arthur

For several weeks you have only been complaining and whining. If everything is "GARBAGE" for you, just change template developer or build your own theme. Safe your nerves and time. Despite this, many people manage to build nice pages on this framework, for some reason you are not so lucky. BTW We also wait for next Helix update.

@Joe

Yes, menu items without link use colors from body settings. To fix it you have to use extra custom CSS. But I agree with you that it should be included in Template Options, but somehow it's not yet. I added to wish-list already.

CSS code for Separator menu item

.sp-megamenu-parent li > span.sp-menu-separator {
  color: pink;
}