Update Messed Up Colors On Website - Question | JoomShaper

Update Messed Up Colors On Website

R

Robert

Helix Framework 1 year ago

Hi, did the update for Helix but now the colors are now messed up. Background what was white is now red. Topbar background is also red now. Cleared cache on template and browser. Switched compile css in the template but no effect. Had to set the site offline before the client sees this. Now the hover on menu is blue insteaad of yellow.

edit one hour later: tried to do the preset colors again and now the topbar is black instead of green, this won't work at all using presets.

Have set the background color to white in the layout section. Background is now white again because of this but it's not as it should be. After a update the colors shouldn't change at all, very bad. Had the colors edit through custom css to get it ok again.

The hover on the main menu remains blue, (should be #f5d357 - yellow as set in the presets) looks like this is a standard setting somewhere in the template that will be called.

How can I update other websites knowing this happens? Seen on the forum more people having issues with the update.

I have tried toggling the Compile SCSS to CSS within the Advanced tab of the template options also. now set to off again. Purged cache in general setting /pagebuilder settings. The preloader clock is blue again also instead of yellow.

20 Answers
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #68896

Hi

Apology for your experience with our product. If you want I can try to solve this by using custom CSS. You can give me the screenshots which you want to change.

-Regards.

R
Robert
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #68898

i have done most now with custom css. What I mean is it would be crazy a person have to fix all colors with custom css after an update. This update should be removed asap from the downloads.

I noticed in Chrome the Background was white and in all Firefox and Safari the white background turned into some kind of red/pink. When someone runs a quick update depending after the actions they do, they don't even realize their website colors changed.

Have updated 2 websites, both went crazy on colors. One on a local machine, the other on a live server.

I love your product, it's the latest update that has a bug with css.

In the screenshot is the last that remains wrong. All other colors are fixed now. Only the active and hover item should be yellow, the rest should be white. its the bottom menu.

https://prnt.sc/t9CqC3FDdmPQ

When I do this I'm afraid all future made links hyperlinks on the body will be white, it should only apply the menu addon on the bottom.

#sp-main-body a { color: #ffffff; }

Thx in advance

R
Robert
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #68905

Now I got this error in the template:

$color: 545454 is not a color.: templates/shaper_helixultimate/scss/presets.scss on line 197, at column 9 Call Stack: #0 import templates/shaper_helixultimate/scss/presets.scss (unknown file) on line 1

Any Idea? I see no wrong hex code in the template. the page won't work any more

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #68934

You can use this for bottom links

#sp-main-body a {
    color: #fff !important;
}

For color code please use # otherwise it will not work. For example #545454

R
Robert
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #68949

Hi, using that code I will push it all to white, including active and hover.

Compile SCSS to CSS on gives the error:

templates/shaperhelixultimate/scss/presets.scss on line 197, at column 9 Call Stack: #0 import templates/shaperhelixultimate/scss/presets.scss (unknown file) on line 1

Turning compile off and the error is gone. But even when set to on the error shouldn't be there. Set compile to on the whole english section isn't visible on the frontend.

The error only occurs in the English Template, not in the other templates (multi-language site)

I have looked everywhere multiple times if I forgot to add an "#" somewhere but can't see that one missing.

It all happened after the last update.

Please, is it possible to check the backend/templates what is the issue?

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #69084

Give me your super admin access on the hidden content please.

R
Robert
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #69088

Hi, They where in the post above. Also placed here now.

when switching between compile to css in the EN template the error occurs. Then the whole frontend gives an error.

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #69091

Hi

Please always turn off compile css . Otherwise it gives you the error.

R
Robert
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #69094

Any reason why? before the update it was fine and why only on that template? Can you please explain the reason, trying to understand is it a fault/bug in the latest Helix update?

And about the bottom menu? Forcing through custom css will force all to one color including active and hover.

I see no sign of anyone else but me logged in to see what happens or check it.

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #69153

This link may help you, you can follow this link below:

https://www.joomshaper.com/documentation/helix-framework/helix-ultimate-2/advanced

R
Robert
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #69155

Thats's a pretty standard answer, it does not reply on the questions themselve. This doesn't help me much. I have read the documentation and understand how it works. No other kind of compression is involved, that all colors change after an update isn't the way it suppose to be. And for the third time the question about the bottom menu colors please.

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #69161

Sorry for this inconvenience. But please first clear me that, The CSS code given by me is not working? Or you don't want to use CSS? Because by using this CSS its working on my end.

R
Robert
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #69166

The css given turn the whole bottom menu into white, including active and hover items.

maybe its just here, cleared all cache and tried on different browsers. So not sure about this now how to get the bottom menu white, active and hover items yellow.

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #69176

Hi,

Use this CSS and delete my previous CSS

#sppb-addon-1650752122091 li a{
  color:white !important;
}
#sppb-addon-1650752122091 li.sppb-active a {
    color: #f5d357 !important;
}
#sppb-addon-1650752122091 li a:hover{
   color: #f5d357 !important;
}

This code should work. Please let me know is this working or not.

R
Robert
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #69208

It was was only working on the homepage, think the bottom menu on the other pages have another addon id. Have set the colors in the layout in template settings back to none again. Now it picks up the colors as set in SPPB again. Very strange all. Gave me a headache.

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #69252

Your issue is fixed please check now

https://prnt.sc/GOAC2a1Ma4v5

P
Peter
Accepted Answer
8 months ago #124155

Hello, I have the same problem - how can this problem fixed?

Regards

Peter

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 8 months ago #124207

Could you please create a new forum post about your issue?

P
Peter
Accepted Answer
8 months ago #124219

Why couldn't you tell the solution instead?

Because I can't open a new Post! Because of this error after "Asking a Question" appears

Failed to authenticate. Please try again.

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 8 months ago #124382

This one is another user thread that's why I dont want to disturb him. Please log in again your JoomShaper account and then create a new forum post. This thread is closed already.