Absolute Path Vs Relative Issue - Question | JoomShaper

Absolute Path Vs Relative Issue

Scott

Scott

SP Page Builder 1 year ago

I am finding it frustrating the SPPB does not allow relative urls when adding a button. Instead we are forced to use Absolute URL path and with many buttons on site that link to other site pages.

When a beta site is ready to go live we have to put the site off line and redo all the absolute site URL paths. It's a tedious process one that should have to be done if PSPB would recognize both Absolute and Relativer paths.

I am coming from Joomlashine Pagebuilder 4 (no longer available). PBV4 recognized both when adding a site page to a button.

I did try a relative path to a product button but it doe snot work. the drreaded 404 error the the browser url did see the correct path but not page.

Relative path: /cpa-devices/cpa-products/vertical-depth-gauge

Result: 404 error https://test.2bpdesign.com/cpa-devices/cpa-products/vertical-depth-gauge

Can this be done in the near future please or is ther a hot fix that van be added now.

7 Answers
Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #73641

/cpa-devices/cpa-products/vertical-depth-gauge

yes, if that link (alias) really exist in Menu

About 2nd suggestion, I agree.. I hope in near future in SPPB 4.1x

Scott
Scott
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #74471

Awesomne this wil lmake thing easier for all SP Users

Scott
Scott
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #73628

keeping this thread alive

Scott
Scott
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #73270

There shoudl be an opton inside the Button Selectionj type to select a menu item, thgis wioudl resolove this sisuse and make adding link much easier and efficeint. no need to buy a plugin to fix SPPB link problems

Optons are

• All Items
  • Images
  • Videos
  • Audios
  • Browse Folder

The dev team could add Menu Item

Scott
Scott
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #73268

Sub Domain: yes

The button link section reads The absolute URL of the page that will be linked.

You are saying that a relative path such as (see below) will work?

/cpa-devices/cpa-products/vertical-depth-gauge

Scott
Scott
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #73266

I'll double check that.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #73193

Hi Scott,

are you working on temporary subdomain now? If yes, later you can use "DB Replacer" (from RegularLabs) and update all links in 90sec with new/current domain name.

About your link - it gives error404 as mentioned, so are you 100% sure that you added it inside the menu to get short alias? Button is like html link with design effect - if link is not correct, SPPB is not guilty.

I used / use relative links in buttons and so far they worked fine in my private sites.

info_6108.jpg