Bootstrap Loaded Twice - Question | JoomShaper

Bootstrap Loaded Twice

Olivier Frascone

Olivier Frascone

Helix Framework 1 year ago

Hi

We had an issue with scLogin module, and more specificaly after login the user dropdown menu was not working. Looking at the code and with the help of the Module developer we see that Bootsrap 5 is loading 2 times and is producing conflicts:

1. BS loading from Joomla core: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zsAu4GWu-TrwUghAjGyPqubeuzmS5QoM/view
  2. BS loading from Helix Ultimate: https://drive.google.com/file/d/15Vmtvfi15VzuChEZpWVXXXhoAvogEJFu/view?usp=sharing By using jQuery Easy and striping the Helix Bootstrap code, conflict has been disappeared.

Taking into account that loading twice the same script is creating a lot of issues and by striping the Helix BS 5 code looks to not have issues, but is this a correct aproach? Will you please check and advise what is the best practice to follow? Thanks. Olivier

PS : i contacted the support probably 6 times, cause it was impossible to post my support request in the forum. I showed the console as they was a 503 error (so a permission error) but no luck answers were poor and don't helped, and it was pas thursday (a week...) As the support doesn't helped and was unable to correctly assist us i checked myself and found it is impossible to post "script" balise in this category, the script tag doesn't worked. This is also the reason i posted the script tag via a screenshot in a google drive. I REALLY like the framework helix and in general the products of Joomshaper BUT you follow a very bad way sometimes : too quick to correctly check the problems of the customer, if the problem is out of the scope of the first line support and need dev assistance it becomes completly inconsistent. It doesn't concern Paul Frankowski who always answer quickly and most of time is really helpfull, i don't know for the others as i didn't worked with them. I'm ready to bet this thread won't find a solution as it depend directly of the dev before looooonnngggg time... The chance you have is Joomla doesn't have a lot of dev and Joomshaper is one of the last one who does interesting products, but it won't change till support changes like i can see on Wordpress.

3 Answers
Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #74723

Hi Olivier. I'm not support staff, just a user.

Usually, files from third -party extensions are connected from the vendor folder. I think the reason is one of these extensions. Since in clean J4 + Helix I do not see this in the page code. Only two connections - CSS and JS how it should be.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #74769

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting us. Sorry for the inconvenience. Please compare the bootstrap two files code.

-Thanks

Olivier Frascone
Olivier Frascone
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #75015

Hello Pavel, thank you for your help i will have a deep check. Olivier