Upgraded To SP Page Builder 4 But Doesn't Work - Question | JoomShaper

Upgraded To SP Page Builder 4 But Doesn't Work

MS

Marian Stirbescu

SP Page Builder 1 year ago

I upgraded to SP Page Builder 4 but doesn't work. Some articles open in edit mode but I am not able to create any page or to edit the existing ones. axioma-training.com I am using Joomla 4.1.5

What doesn't work:

Get starter Create new page Settings

In all cases it is just a blank page that is display.

Surprisingly enough, editing or creating joomla articles seem to work fine using SP Page Builder.

Thank you

Marian

11 Answers
Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #77693

Hi Marian.

1. Fixed. We informed in SPPB documenation - JS Compression must be OFF in Template Options.
  2. Using new version of software a few days after premiere on production website is not always the best idea.
Henrik Bauer Hansen
Henrik Bauer Hansen
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #77728

How to remove SP Page Builder 4? The webite is totally unfunctional now.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #77746

@Henrik

Reinstall with SPPB Pro 3.8.8

OR

Use website backup (rule No1)

Major component upgrade should be done on website clone first, not production site, rule No2.

MS
Marian Stirbescu
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #77760

Hey Paul,

Thank you very much for helping us..

Now it works fine. On the second note, without SP Page builder I woud have moved to Worpress many years ago. Congrats for keeping alive Joomla installations.

So we need each other. You develop a wonderful product, we are doing the best and hope to get your help when needed.

If we don't fail you don't have the opportunity to mature the product and support. Please note that not any buyer of your product is an engineer and our intentions are good. Thank you once again.

Looking forward to get it installed on ther other 7 websites.

Good job, Marin

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #77788

Big thanks @Marian

With all new versions we need some time to make them perfect, I know sometimes users may feel like laboratory mouse. Now only 3 CMS counts. And somehow WP wins in that run.

With the SPPB 4.0.1 as I told before, I suggest waiting a few days more and wait for v4.0.2 at least.

Henrik Bauer Hansen
Henrik Bauer Hansen
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #78707

Reinstall 3.8.7, but it's not in the download. Only 3.8.8

Henrik Bauer Hansen
Henrik Bauer Hansen
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #78708

Anyway, i reinstalled 3.8.7, but the frontend collapsed! So that didn't work.....

0 Object of class stdClass could not be converted to string

How to fix the new poblem?

G
Ginius
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #78710

Samwe here. Rolback is not working.

Paul are you saying: 'You will not supprot Joomla in the future? Strange post to be placed here.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #78727

@Ginius - I didn't said that (!)

I told only that SPPB 4.0.1 is still not perfect, this same as it was with Joomla 4.0.1 etc. so we recommend waiting a week more for next update.

In that case use website backup - if you forget to make it (why?) - ask hosting company for it. They should keep 7-10 days.

Week ago was 3.8.7, yes.... use 3.8.8 new version!

G
Ginius
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #78730

@paul, you didn't told that with those words, but there with other words you gave some negative impression:

"Now only 3 CMS counts. And somehow WP wins in that run."

I don't now what that would add to the discussion. But probebly my lack of knowledge.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #78862

It was just a fact. But it's like with cars or bikes or smartphones, until people still buy different brands they are produced and sold, right.