Just An Observation - Question | JoomShaper

Just An Observation

KM

Kevin Morrison

SP Page Builder 1 year ago

After updating you removed the menu and control panel features and also if I try and get to Page Builder from the Components it takes me to some BS splash page. Where the hell are all my pages was my first question but did figure out that now I have to click again to get to them. Have to say this is NOT impressive AT ALL! You are supposed to be upgrading to make less clicks for me, NOT MORE and what gives with loading a new page and then when I am done getting out opens the home page? Talk about convoluted and not at all intuitive!

Just updated Page Building and found it irritating someone thought it was a good idea to remove the menu item at the top and also remove it from the control panel. Yea I know I can go and find it under Components but this should have been an option and not just removed because of an update! It was very convenient to be able to get to Page Builder from the control panel and likewise that top menu item was super handy. You know just like "Articles" menu is right there, since Page Builder is a better replacement of articles it should be front and center on the main menu and not hidden down the Components menu tree!

12 Answers
Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #78454

Hello Kevin Morrison

Thanks for sharing your valuable feedback. We have removed the admin module to make the version design same for both Joomla 3 and Joomla 4. However, there is a trick. Please install this module in Joomla 3 and publish in Menu positions. Then you will get the same SP Page Builder menu on the top.

mod_sppagebuilder_admin_menu_j3.zip

https://prnt.sc/D088JTgTIV1W

We will keep an option to show all pages at first click. Or you can keep Get Started page on first click. There will be more improvements in the future. Thanks once again for your suggestions. This will take our thinking process further ahead.

Best regards

KM
Kevin Morrison
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #78575

Thanks Ofi! Still would like to be able to go into the component without all the convoluted click, click. I have installed on Joomla 4 and prior to this update it went into the pages menu. Personally I am just going to stick with the last version of PB and will no longer be upgrading because I refuse to make things more complex then they have to be. Should have taken advantage of the side menu in Joomla 4 like everyone else is doing, would have been far better than this thing you have created now!

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #78677

You are welcome 😊

I understand and appreciate your feedback. Things will be better in the future. It is just the initial release.

KM
Kevin Morrison
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #78805

Thanks Ofi, I did get around to testing this more and apparently the idea is to move us all to making pages and editing to the frontend. Unfortunatly for me I never did like that inteface and never used it. If that is the direction you are going with this I will be forced to find an alternate method of making my pages because I am not going to ever be comfortable with that weird interface. Beside that I fail to believe it is even safe to have this functionality and if I cannot fully manage my websites from the more secure admin area, I cant support the feature.

George Ivory
George Ivory
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #78810

I agree with Kevin, I never used the frontend for editing and as it is an added security risk it makes it all the less appealing.

Version 4.01 broke many pages on multiple sites.

I will unfortunately not be updating from here on and will remain with the last version prior to the 4.0 update. The last working version I have priorto 4.0 is version: 3.8.7. If there is another version after this prior to the 4.0 changes can you please advise me on where I can download it?

KM
Kevin Morrison
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #78816

Go to the download page George and scroll down. They are still supporting the 3x and there is an update to 3.8.8 you can find. I found once I updated it Joomla starts screaming to update to the new 4.x version so I had to disable that in the manager so it stopped nagging me to update.

George Ivory
George Ivory
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #78818

Thanks Kevin.

KM
Kevin Morrison
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #80216

Would like to ask, is it the developer intention that PageBuilder will only be able to be edited on the front end moving forward? I ask because my subscription is coming due next month and if this is the direction being taken I am no longer interested in contuing my support for the development of this powerful tool and will be forced to find an alternate option. I think you are going to find there are a lot of us that will not be supporting development. I find it mind blowing such a drastic change has been made out of the blue like this. I believe you guys are seriously out of touch with your customers and what we love about PageBuilder!

George Ivory
George Ivory
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #80296

Yes I would like to know as well. I will be looking for an alternative also if there is no option other than front page editing.

It's inconceivable in my mind how you would remove functionality from a product for the sake of streamlining and risk losing customers and potential customers. Narrowing your customer base by restricting your software is not the best idea in my opinion.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #80331

Hi George,

Yes, I fully understand your point of view, I also mostly used back-end editor. But current trends (also in WorldPress) are to keep one editor view only, it's easier to see changes that you are doing and for us code one area etc.

Hopefully for you (and me) SPPB 3.x will be supported for next 2-3 years, so you don't have to be worry about upgrade and just keep 3.8.x on all your websites.

KM
Kevin Morrison
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #80407

You know Paul, the reason I use Joomla and NOT Wordpress is because of its flexabillity and power! If the idea of Joomshaper is to keep with Wordpress trends might I suggest ending development for a REAL CMS and just develop for Wordpress which was created to give anyone that wants to call themselves a web designer without going through the process of actually learning how to be one, a tool to fake it and make themselves look like something they are NOT! That is the trend you are talking about and that makes Joomshaper an enabler if you want my opinion!

Thanks for the heads up, its clear that PageBuilder is heading down a path I refuse to go in and while I will continue to use 3.8.x for the forseeable future I am not going to renew and I will instead go on the hunt for a REAL page builder tool that cares more about being trendy instead of giving REAL web designers/developers the tools they can use to speed up their projects!

George Ivory
George Ivory
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #80429

Paul thanks for your reply. It seems futile to argue the benefits of a backend editor when decisions are made without customer feedback. It's also possible that Kevin and I are in the minority when it comes to appreciating the functionality of this Pagebuilder.

I agree with everything Kevin said. I myself have been using Joomla since the Mambo days and although I had tried out Wordpress among other CMS' I found them very restrictive and not as robust as Joomla when it comes to security, customization and implementation.