"We Don't Offer Content Migration Tools Between Different Page Builders Or Content From Current (old) Articles." - Question | JoomShaper

"We Don't Offer Content Migration Tools Between Different Page Builders Or Content From Current (old) Articles."

D

Donna

SP Page Builder 1 year ago

My question is, will using SPPB Pro 4.x mean that all my pages created through Joomla articles will no longer work? Documentation states: "We don't offer content migration tools between different Page Builders or content from current (old) articles."

Very confusing statement in the Joomshaper documentation. I would like clarification.

Our users create articles daily that publish as a full page on the website.

1. Will these be lost if I upgrade to SPPB 4.x?
  2. Will they no longer be able to create a webpage by using the JCE editor to create a page?

Thank you for any clarification you may be able to provide. Donna

3 Answers
Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #78746

Hello Donna

There is no conflict between JCE Editor and SP Page Builder now. We have improved the compatibility. Joomla Articles will work as usual. The documentation says that you cannot convert Joomla Articles to SP Page Builder Articles.

Best regards

D
Donna
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #78824

Ofi Khan,

I beg to differ with you. The quote is right from Joomshaper documentation, and it should probably be changed and made more clear. Here is the quote: "We don't offer content migration tools between different Page Builders or content from current (old) articles."

So what you are telling me is that my old articles created in Joomla will still work as expected?

Thank you in advance. Donna

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #78901

I do understand that this is in our documentation and it could be improved. Yes, your old Joomla articles will work as expected.