Helix Search Box In Page - Question | JoomShaper

Helix Search Box In Page

S

SPD

Helix Framework 1 year ago

Hi, Not sure if possible. I would like to display the Search Box displayed in the menu when I use the Template Settings > Basic > Header > Enable Search option but on a page (my home page). My site is all about finding stuff so while the search box in the menu is fine, for just the home page I would like to display it there too..

As you can see by this image I have used the default Smart Search module and while it works ok, except for some 'blocking' of the hints by the row below. however I would like the style to be the same as the one in the menu, is that possible? https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gl-_33ZGAQhv_9ElLlX7Fflfxyegwqn9/view?usp=sharing

Additional question, anything I can do with this issue with the hints drop down https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OOjJDl_zV4HiBG-o4aluwAKlxQvFMq3N/view?usp=sharing Cheers

10 Answers
Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #79398

If I may....

I have only small fix by now:

.sp-page-builder .page-content #section-id-1657533603612 {
  z-index: 0;}

and please put this part of sentence "please read the Finding Resources page." in 2nd line of text , use break < br > etc.

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #78905

Hi,

Thanks for contacting us. Could you please give me your site URL so that I can try.

-Regards.

S
SPD
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #78906

Thank you for your quick response, regarding the 'look' of the module, I got it to work... not sure how. I still have the issue with the blocking though.

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #78941

Use this custom CSS

.awesomplete {
    display: none;
}

Path towards custom CSS: Extensions>Templates>Styles> Click on your current default template name then choose Template Options. Then find custom CSS within the custom code.

S
SPD
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #78955

Thanks again for quick response.

I couldn't find the path you mentioned... look in cpanel file manager and also in admin via site templates... sorry. However I do have a custom.css in the shaper...\css folder but when I add it there the search box disappears

I'll leave it that way on test site (link I provided) so you can see. DO I need to put the CSS somewhere else? Cheers

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #79136

No its ok now. You can also add it on your custom.css file and its ok now I guess.

S
SPD
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #79142

Sorry my bad, I was doing additional testing and commented out the custom CSS and forgot to disable it again. It is now enabled again and as you can see the search box is gone from home page and the menu

Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Mehtaz Afsana Borsha
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #79145

What do you want disable that right? Then just use my CSS on your custom.css file.

S
SPD
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #79163

I'm sorry there must be a misunderstanding. I got things looking fine except for the issue of the hints... (I don't want anything disabled)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OOjJDl_zV4HiBG-o4aluwAKlxQvFMq3N/view?usp=sharing

.. they are showing up 'behind' stuff I thought that was what your code was addressing but instead it just makes the search box dissappear for me... is that not what you see on my test site?

To see the hints issue just type something, like Horizon, into search box on Home Page, not in the menu but ion the center of the page

Let me know if that doesn't make sense Cheers

S
SPD
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #79709

Thanks much, worked fine, I just moved the other text above. Much apperciate yer time during these busy days for you guys