Joomla4: Article Slider In Home Page Not Working For Latest Update - Question | JoomShaper

Joomla4: Article Slider In Home Page Not Working For Latest Update

C

Charlie

SP Page Builder 1 year ago

I just downloaded Gazette in Joomla 4, and installed, after updated to latest Joomla 4 version, and updated to latest SP Page builder, the Article Slider is not working any more....., any idea? Have you tried to update to latest ? Thanks

15 Answers
C
Charlie
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #84042

Any help?

C
Charlie
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #84083

sppagebuilder_pro_v3.8.8 break the article slider, please fix it asap

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #84151

Hello Charlie

Apology for the inconvenience. Please share your administrator access and page link with Article Slider addon here to check the issue. Use the Hidden Content box to share the credentials. Make sure that you have a full site backup with you before sharing.

Best regards

C
Charlie
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #84267

I rolled back to sp page builder 3.8.0 that works fine.... but once upgrade to 3.8.8, it will break

I am using Gazette template...... after install this template, follow the system alert to upgrade to the latest page builder, then the article slider won't work......... Please help!

C
Charlie
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #84306

See below hidden remark

C
Charlie
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #84540

Any update?

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #85288

Apology for the delay. I have found that the addon works with SP Page Builder 3.8.3. The later version creats the issue. The template needs to be updated. I have already informed the issue to the developers.

C
Charlie
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #85745

What is the ETA to solve this issue? Please advise

C
Charlie
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #87173

Any update on the fix?

C
Charlie
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #88140

Is this fixed?

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #88159

Sorry for the delay. It is not fixed yet. It will be fixed with a template update. Until then, please use Article Scroller or Articles addon.

C
Charlie
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #90886

I have updated to SP page builder to 3.8.8, the page is broken. Need to fix ASAP!!!!

See below exception.... Please let me know what is the quick fix for this issue? I can fix in my local for now until your unknown release date...

C
Charlie
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #90889

owl.carousel.min.js:1 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'clone') at e.run (owl.carousel.min.js:1:3005) at Object.i [as run] (jquery.min.js?3.6.0:2:88757) at e.update (owl.carousel.min.js:1:7517)

C
Charlie
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #90890

OK, I found the solution: The problem is in absence of andSelf function in older versions of jQuery. Try to add to your public function js() function with the following function:

$.fn.andSelf = function() { return this.addBack.apply(this, arguments);}

in /templates/shaper_gazette/sppagebuilder/addons/articles_slider/site.php

Please have your team update that in the theme

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #91038

Great. Thanks for sharing the soluiton.