Articles Addon: Only Introtext? Unformatted? - Question | JoomShaper

Articles Addon: Only Introtext? Unformatted?

JB

Joe Blow

SP Page Builder 1 year ago

I got the Articles addon working correctly with a Warptheme template. It accesses an article filtered by tag and displays the introtext. The introtext character limit can be increased to thousands of characters, so that an entire short article can be displayed.

But it appears the addon will display ONLY introtext and not actually the article itself. Further, the introtext is unformatted text without linebreaks. No images are displayed.

Is this the way the addon works--"Articles Introtext"--or is there a way to really display an article?

5 Answers
C
chrisofleurs
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #87406

I also searched for a way to display a formatted article with its image but I didn't find it... So I participate to the question ;)

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #88514

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting us. Remove the readmore from your article then use the Introtext characters limit.

Check the first article

http://helix-framework.org/helixj4v208/en/?option=com_sppagebuilder&view=page&id=1

-Thanks

Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #88534

Further, the introtext is unformatted text without linebreaks. No images are displayed.

Hi.

It's not possible with existing addon. You should make override of Article addon by delete formating option from the source code

M
Marlon
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #88816

Hello Pavel,

I'm attempting do acheive similar results. I want the Joomla article to display it's formatting. I've created the override folder and attempting to edit the article addon site.php file. Can you please guide me on how to implement your instructions below?

You should make override of Article addon by delete formating option from the source code

Which line is this the site.php file?

Also, how can I prevent the article titles from being displayed as links when I override the addon?

Thank you.

Edit: I figured it out. Create an override for addon/articles/site.php file To remove title link:

• Below line: $output .= '<div class="sppb-article-info-wrap">';
  • Remove: <a href="' . $item->link . '" itemprop="url">
  • Remove closing tag: </a>

To remove article formatting:

• Locate line: $output .= '<div class="sppb-article-introtext">'
  • Remove: strip_tags
Pavel
Pavel
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #88829

Hi Marlon. Glad you managed