SP Page Builder 4 Impossible To Work! - Question | JoomShaper

SP Page Builder 4 Impossible To Work!

WJ

Wilson Junior

SP Page Builder 1 year ago

I've been an admirer of Joomshaper for years but I have to admit that the new SPPB 4 version practically made website development unfeasible. Whether in Chrome or Firefox, I can't use SPPB 4 without it crashing. Some of the problems presented: out of memory, saving does not work, crashes, slowness, properties of add-ons does not load, browser degradation and other flaws that make using SPPB 4 unfeasible. I am very disappointed with the paid version. I hope Joomshaper is aware of this and all the complaints I read on the forum. I pray they reverse this as soon as possible and that it doesn't trigger the end of Helix and SP Page Builder.

27 Answers
Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #88682

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting us. Sorry for the inconvenience. Will you please provide me the Joomla administrator access to check the issue? I will check & get back to you soon. 

Note: Please keep a backup of your site and share a screencast video about your screencast video.

-Thanks

WJ
Wilson Junior
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #88738

Hi Toufiq, thank you. I decided to restart all the work on SP PB 3.8.8 and wait for the new version to improve.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #88927

We have a plan to continue Page Builder 3 for 2023 end. Thanks

WJ
Wilson Junior
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #89052

In this case, until then I place my hopes that you will be able to solve all the problems listed by the SP PB 4 community.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #89447

We will try to do our best. Thanks

And
And
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #93906

Hello,

Yes it is a real problem!

I also reverted to the previous version.

B
Bole
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #94082

I had the same problem with SP PB 4, is there any instructions how to safely revert to version 3? I tried just to reinstal V3 over V4 but then pages does not work any more.

WJ
Wilson Junior
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #94102

Hi, I couldn't do rollback. I needed to restore my backup.

A
Allen
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #94115

What a circus $#!T show SPPB 4.0.x has been. I was able to revert early on, and have been waiting for positive progress. I hope this is the right forum thread to monitor.

Alison
Alison
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #94116

I have also reverted to using SPPB 3 :(

IP
Ivan Petrovic
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #94118

Same here! v4 is awful and useless. I always talked about how SP Page Builder is better than WP Elementor just because of the backed editor and you ruined it.

I was testing it on the Logistic Layout bundle, and couldn't create a text block under animated numbers! Ridicules!!! That was all possible on the backend version. You should really consider making it better not worst!

If I must use a useless page builder I would then switch to WP and use Elementor at least it has much more addons.

I just received an email that my subscription is expiring and for the first time, I'm considering not extending it, after 6 years. If you are trying to shut down your company then excellent job, if not, try to consider your consumer and community suggestions.

SS
Seamoose IT Solutions
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #104994

Hi all, I want to add my voice to this mailchain. I've been using SPPB Pro 3.X for a long time and was very happy with the mixed possible to do both backend and frontend based editing.

I started up my first project in SPPB 4. It is a disappointent and time waste so far... The structured backend editing has gone, importing prebuilt layout blocks does not work properly,....

I'll restart my project in SPPB 3 and truly hope that Joomshaper listen to its customers, fix the SPPB 4 issues and continue to support SPPB 3 until a decent and stable version of SPPB 4 is avaible.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #105144

We are working on the backend editing function. I hope it will relieve your pain. Thanks

MF
Marco Ferracuti
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #105174

Hi all. Two BIG things that make me seriously think about choosing a different solution:

1- Page builder 4 looks as it is built for kids compared to the backend version of sppb 3. Please go back, the wysiwyg is fancy but worthless when building a website, it can't be the only solution. It looks like you are competing with squarespace, but your real users are web developers that like to have control over their job. 2- I can't count the months since you have promised template updates. What is the advantage of having tons of templates consisting of just fancy design when their functionality is exactly the same as in the free helix templates?

Please keep this project alive, you have done so well until joomla 4!

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #108049

We are working very hard to release the backend editor. Please keep your eyes in our blog post. Thanks

Brian
Brian
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #109166

I don't want to sound too negative because Joomshaper has been the best editor and part of our joomla workflow for almost a decade. But v4 is horrendous.

Please just go back to the way v3 works. Like one guy said 90% of your customers are web developers, your average wix user does not touch this stuff. Just add better features to 3, like inline css editing, streamlined features and more. v4 takes sooo much effort to do simple things.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #109574

I hope you will like the backend editor. Thanks

Alison
Alison
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #109582

I have actually gotton quite used to V4 now, and prefer it to V3. Improvments along the way have been great thanks

WJ
Wilson Junior
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #109587

In recent months the performance improvements have been very significant. I have found some bugs in the addons, but I notify the Joomshaper team in the hope that they will fix it.

JG
Jim Grusendorf
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #109659

4.0.8 was more of an escape than a release

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #109897

We are trying to improve our product. Thanks

WJ
Wilson Junior
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #110234

One more note for a next version. In SPPB3, the accordion addon allowed choosing the border in the 0px 0px 0px 0px format, but in SPPB 4, only a single value is allowed, which affects all sides. This happens in many other CSS properties of other addons as well. Maybe it's because the type of field you implemented is numeric and has only 1 value. This does not work for CSS attributes that allow specifying each side individually, as is the case with border-width which ranges from 1 to 4 values for its borders, that is, top, right, bottom and left. This was a loss from version 3 to 4 of the SPPB. It's just a contribution.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #110299

@Wilson Junior Could you give me a screencast video about the full scenario? Thanks

Alison
Alison
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #110377

Wilson Junior I think you just need to click the little padlock to the right above each border/padding setting. That will unlock it so you can enter single values into specific areas (i.e. left only)

WJ
Wilson Junior
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #110457

@Toufiq, I'm going to share the image I sent to Anne T. SPPB4-addon-accordion

In fact, I am using this space to flag up these details that impact the optimization and efficiency of the building process that used to exist and are no longer there.

WJ
Wilson Junior
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #110460

Hi @Alison, Thanks! It exists in version 3, but in SPPB4 this functionality no longer exists.

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #110679

@Wilson Junior Yes, This feature doesn't exist on Page Builder 4.

https://prnt.sc/xVpAn0RjuuYI