RollBack To Version 3.8.x - Procedure - Question | JoomShaper

RollBack To Version 3.8.x - Procedure

SI

Simmetria Institute

SP Page Builder 1 year ago

Hi! I', starting some issue after the upgrate od SP Pagebuilder 3.8 to version 4.0.x. I have dicided to rollback to previus version. As you told me I try (on my TEST enviroment) to INSTALL the previus version on TOP of the new one.

UNfortunately - at ADMIN side - seems to be OK - BUT at frontend site - The pafe are no more visible and my website show the ERROR PAGE for ALL of my pages.

Can you tell me a detail procedure to rollback from Ver 4.0.x Pro to ver. 3.8.x pro, please ?

11 Answers
Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #88838

Ciao,

The best recommended method is recover whole website from backup!

If you don't have it, ask your hosting provider, it should have it.

SI
Simmetria Institute
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #88845

I cannot recover right now because is pass long time and there are a lot of new content. I need a procedure to restore the previus version of SP - PAGEBUILDER component.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #88846

I guess You asked for 100% trusted procedure, that I already gave you.

Indeed you can override SPPB 4 with SPPB 3 files, called reinstall, but ... if you aready edited some pages with SPPB 4.0x editor they may not work anymore with SPPB 3.8x - and there is not magic fix for that, becuase SPPB 4.x uses new code.

That's why, at least I always suggested to install SPPB 4.0 on test (TEST enviroment) first. And not rush with production site.

So what do to now? Broken pages you can take from database backup and update them laster manually or you have to use SPPB 4.0.5 and wait for upcomming updates soon.

SI
Simmetria Institute
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #88848

I HAVE SOLVED - Someway. I write here my steps - maybe someone else need this.

1. I have restored an old BACKUP on TEST site.
  2. From this test site I exported the pages I have modified in ver. 4.0.x - with the SP PB Export function 2.1 I perform even a backup of SP TABLES from database 3.RE-Install a new version (3.8.x) on top ot the version 4.0.x At this point the SP PAGE BUilder Works fine (ADMINISTRATOR side) but the pages (FRONTEDN) edited with ver. 4.0.x do not work anymore. (Show the error page)
  3. Restored (with IMPORT function of SPPB) the pages exported from old site at step 2.

This seems that works fine form me.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #88849

Yes, the database is they key.

and from SPPB 4.x you have to also remove that folder:

components\com_sppagebuilder\views\dashboard

is not used by SPPB 3.8 and creates only fake view in menu item.

SI
Simmetria Institute
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #88852

I have not restored the DB (i only perform a backup... but not used)

At the moment I have no fake vew in my JOOMLA admin MENU. Do I need to remove the folder components\com_sppagebuilder\views\dashboard anyway ?

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #88855

yes delete, you would see it during adding a new menu item from SP Pagebuilder - only there.

KH
Kimberly A Hitchens
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #88867

You may want to STAR or pin this thread, given how abominably HORRIBLE Spp4 is. If I had known this was going to happen, that you were going to neuter this wonderful plugin, trying, presumably, to out-Wix Wix, to out-Squarespace Squarespace, by ruining this, I damn sure would not have bought it.

There was nothing wrong with how it worked previously. If someone wanted to work in the front end, fine. They could. The rest of us weren't being forced into this 'websites for idjits' approach.

Such a shame, to see such a promising product go right down the toilet, and worse, presented as an upgrade or improvement.

SI
Simmetria Institute
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #88873

I do not want to discuss about if you like or not SP PB 4.0.x.

I Upgrated the component without testing well (for my mistake) and had some issue that was not possible to solve. I still have not understood what was the root cause of my problem . Probably the SP PB or the Template I'm using. In both case I cannot keep SP PB 4.0 on my productive web site and I have to do a rollback to 3.8.x. Even for me passing from 3.8 to 4.0 was a kind of shock - but I think this is due to make the component compatible for JOOMLA 4.0.

Now the problem is - If the 3.8 will be maintained and until when ?

KH
Kimberly A Hitchens
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #88874

Well, I'm not discussing it with YOU. I was discussing it with the Senior Staff.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #88886

@Kimberly - this is not your topic, create your own or use chat.