SP PAGEBUILDER !!!!! - Question | JoomShaper

SP PAGEBUILDER !!!!!

Harry

Harry

SP Page Builder 1 year ago

Hello, since the 4 version of SP Pagebuilder is not working and no one is able to help me and a lot of other designers, I have to ask if I can jump back from version 4 to version 3? Is that possible?

Because you can't work like that!! You can't sell a product like that. So I am a very patient and experienced man.

I just bought the newest and fastest PC. All your requirements are met by my managed 64 server. I have now done everything on my part to look for mistakes in myself.

I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED NOW, THAT I HAVE BEEN STROLLING WITH THIS FOR WEEKS AND THAT COSTS ME A LOT OF TIME AND MONEY AND ABOVE ALL THINGS....

MY NERVS!!!!

I NEED SOMEONE TO HELP!! I WOULD BE GLAD IF I HAD MADE A MISTAKE, BUT THAT DOESN'T APPEAR TO BE THE CASE!

13 Answers
Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #89206

Hi Harry,

How new PC has relation with extensions for Joomla? I don't get it.

Anyway, yes you can rollback to SPPB 3.8, there are many topic about that on the forum.

My recommendation is:

1. Recover whole website from backup from the day/hour before SPPB 4.0x installation.
  2. If you cannot becuase you made many changes so far, that you can just install SPPB 3.8.9 - but in case of problems with pages edits, you may have to recover those pages from database backup. SPPB 4.x uses new code, so ... there are possible problems.
  3. Before reinstallation of SPPB 3.8, please DELETE or RENAME that folder: components\com_sppagebuilder

BTW

SPPB 3.8 code will be supported for whole year from now, so you have a lots of time, and I hope in next few months, you should be more happy with a new 4.0x versions.

QUOTE from today, but I fully understand that everyone can have their own observations and feelings

foto_8985_2022.jpg

Harry
Harry
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #89207

Thank you for your quick but not all answered question. It's a pity that Joomshaper is avoiding it.

Why does SP Pagebuilder always hang up or run into something where nothing works anymore? Why isn't there anyone who can help? I've found that the JCE Editor might have a little to do with it. I no longer use this with SP Pagebuilder. But the error still remains. Is there nobody who can help??

Could you, Mr. Frankowski, log into my site and check the settings of my SP Pagebuilder version?

I would like to find a bug, but I can only do that with your help.

TT
Together Technology
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #89208

I've just uninstalled and reinstalled 3.8 as well, this is ridiculous! I gave it a few months to see if things improved, but they just seem to have gotten worse! why would you ditch a design that worked well, in favour of this mess of a design that splits up configuration all over the place and makes it extremely hard to design?

the final nail in the coffin was when context menus popped up outside of my browsers viewframe and there was no way to get them to come down, or scroll.

If you want my advice (which seems to echo everyone else complaining here) write the 4.0 interface off as a loss, and just work on getting the code working like 3.8 did, there was nothing wrong with how that worked, and the decision to move away from it could literally kill off your client base.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #89209

yes, sure.

Harry, please first share:

1. link to screenshot with issue, problem - becuase some of them are already fixed in SPPB 4.0.6 beta
  2. URL + access to admin area as Super User
Harry
Harry
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #89211

see Attachment

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #89212

what I should test first, Text addon with JCE ?

Harry
Harry
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #89213

Please just take a look at my SP Pagebuilder configuration, whether everything is correct and whether you might discover an error, why SP PB sometimes takes a long time to save.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #89216

Quick one, I noticed that you had "NONE" editor set in Global configuration, we recommend using TinyMCE or JCE.

Checking more...

Harry
Harry
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #89217

I turned off the JCE editor in the global config out of desperation. But it's not because of that and I turn it on again. Thanks for the hint

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #89218

About width of text editor window with JCE, it will be fixed in SPPB 4.0.6 update, 25 Oct. It was on the list, many users complain about that. Me too.

foto_8986_2022.jpg

Harry
Harry
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #89219

Das weiß ich, habe ich auch gelesen, aber ich benötige Hilfe, um mein Problem zu lösen.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #89221

Your settings looks OK, so maybe record video or give me tip what area I should check?

yes, I tested Page Save and worked smooth.

Which page makes problem?

Harry
Harry
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #89222

ja das stimmt, aber nur am Anfang. Sobal zwei drei oder vier Teile geändert werden, dauert das Abspeichern eine ewigkeit, wenn es sogar abbricht.

Leider sind Sie mir keine Hilfe um mein Problem zu lösen. Haben Sie einen Techniker der mehr Erfahrung hat?