Very Dissatisfied With SP 4 | Many Errors - Question | JoomShaper

Very Dissatisfied With SP 4 | Many Errors

Michael Ko.

Michael Ko.

SP Page Builder 1 year ago

I have always been happy working with Spage Builder. In some cases, I can no longer control the spacing functions in the frontend after inserting images. It has been buggy and or all around not working with saving issues, and finding things, and total functionality breakdowns. The optics were also better in 3.0. The editing blocks also open in places where I have to keep scrolling the screen. It's incredibly hard on my work.

You can also no longer go back to Spagebuilder 3.0 if you have saved the page again in 4.0. That does not work. Please go back to the original format much easier to use and much more functional overall.

21 Answers
C
cmfionline
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #91648

I cannot but agree!! Its been a real pain int he ass since i upgraded some of my sites and i have 50+ sites running on sppb!! I wish one could revert.

Co3Red1
Co3Red1
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #91788

Same, loved it before the new live edit version. Cant stand editing in live view!

S
sonia
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #91791

i so much agree with you.. they need to go back to the old ways.. plus there joomla 4 template is nothing to write home about.. i wish i could revert everything back to version3

Ronny Ko
Ronny Ko
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #91794

Check out Nicepage man. I am slowly migrating my small site out. It's too frustrating to have to deal with this alpha software.

I came here today becuase I wanted to update to 4.0.6. I was faced with the following errors.

Copy file failed
Error installing component
SP
Stev Peters
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #91847

I have to agre so much. I liked it before version 4. Its totaly anoying that the frontend editing doesn't show right, it's alwasys different on the real page. And every time I have to clear the cache before seeing the results. It's crazy.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #91859

@Ronny

Are you sure that you can install any other extension? This looks like /tmp folder issue or folder permission, not SPPB problem.

Please try to install any other free component from JED, for example, Akeeba Backup or JCE that have at least 2MB. It will allows you to identfy a problem.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #91861

@Stev

We recommend to disable Joomla cache and all extra caches extenions, or install and use Cache Cleaner from RegularLabs - it should help. You can play on raw Joomla with SPPB installed only to compare.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #91863

@Michael

I agree Mike, that not all is perfect. There are almost always problems with new versions of software, regardless of the manufacturer. I already created task for our developers to improve/fix it. Thanks for the video, helpfull to show them what to check.

Mike, can you test also using Firefox and Edge. But no IE11!

About revert back....

It's possible, but you have to take from database backup (with SPPB 3.8.x) pages that you edited with SPPB 4.0.x and do not work anymore after downgrade.

M
Mat
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #91886

It's sooooo buggy! Saving issues, panels vanishing, page not updating, strange spacing issues... all sorts... Please concentrate on quality and bug fixes for a while as it's currently very difficult to get anything done.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #91909

@Mat,

We are working... by now if you can - stay on SPPB 3.8 and give us more time.

M
Mat
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #91928

Too late for that! Can I downgrade it?

SC
Steffen Chevalier
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #91942

It's pure horror! The livesite looks different than the real site, the processing is extremely slow, especially since the livesite + admin page and code window are running at the same time. If not saving every 1-2min SPPB will freeze. All changes are gone. The popup windows are way too small and often out of sight, so you have to scroll everywhere. The flyouts are the same. Some popups remain even after editing is complete. (Especially the <|> code window. If it isn't closed with [X], it stays in the foreground.)

custom.css is partially not adopted. ...

It would be nice if you could at least turn off the frontend edit for performance reasons. It's really useless like that! Sorry!

Ronny Ko
Ronny Ko
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #92023

@Paul,

Yes, I am able to install other extensions. In fact, I installed an upgrade to JCE to the latest in order to a fix a bug.

I thought you should know that this is not the first time that i see SPBB updates not being able to install.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #92024

@Ronny

Are you able to install package using classic Upload method?

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #92025

@Mat

Yes, with SPPB reinstallation - but if you edited some pages, they may not work in SPPB 3.8.x anymore. So you have to recover them from database backup. No magic button to fix that, too many differences in code.

That's why recommended method is : recovery from full site backup.

Ugur Uygur
Ugur Uygur
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #92043

I don't understand how it makes sense to publish without the version stable. Even the latest version J4 has bugs. When the two are combined, it becomes unbearable. We don't want to upset these producers, but many sites are having problems because of this. I hope it will be fixed soon.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #92044

Joomla 4.0.0 Stable (!) was published Aug 2021, now we have Nov 2022 and still stable Joomla 4.2.2. Information for those who still says why "unstable" version was published by us. I'm not making excuses for our team, I'm just stating the facts. It used to be said that he makes no mistake who does nothing, but then there would be nothing.

Thanks @Ugur

Ronny Ko
Ronny Ko
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #92315

Let me give you all an example of how sucky SPPB 4 is.

https://recordit.co/3qYchTNLKW

I was trying to update the url link in the world "need controller". No where is the function to change it.

By upgrading, I have lost functionality. Then, when a new "version" or "update" comes out, it will be branded as new functionality. That's not what's it supposed to happen useless people at Joomshaper!

since my site has only a few pages, this loss of a simple function will make me spend time to move more pages to Nicepages.

Piece of ShXt software = Joomshaper

J
Justin
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #92318

To add a 3 more points to how PB3 has a better workflow vs. PB4:

1. When working with PB4 in MAMP, after saving any changes the URL reverts back to local/ vs. local/testing-site
  2. When editing an image in PB4 the pop-up related image tools do not completely show ... I need to drag the addon options up to view them all
  3. When editing text with JCE Editor enabled I'm not able to make quick changes when clicking on the text itself (could with PB3 without needing to use the left hand column options related to JCE), and when I do need to use JCE related features I'm required to click on the click on the 'T' button at the very left to open the Text Block Settings, then drag the entire block up to see all its features.

Quick fix for 2 and 3 would be to load the addon related settings in the left hand column as it the case with PB3

Ronny Ko
Ronny Ko
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #92321

@paul, I am unable to update the 4.0.6 package even with classic upload nor from the tmp directory with install from folder. It says that it can't find any package.

Michael Ko.
Michael Ko.
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #92336

I'm slowly giving up. SP3 was stable and an environment and enjoyed working with SP3. Switching to SP4 was a mistake and that means a lot of work. He base of SP4 is similar to Helix Ultimate. I don´t like Helix Ultimate and I work with Helix 3.

Unfortunately this is false marketing. You shouldn't release a product with so many bugs (Sorry!) I now have the problem of changing everything if nothing happens.

The design from SP 4 has deteriorated. Too bad.