Field 'id' Doesn't have A Default Value - Question | JoomShaper

Field 'id' Doesn't have A Default Value

MS

Martin Seidl

SP Page Builder 1 year ago

Hi Team, I use sp page builder Version 3.8.8 and also the plugin for Joomla default articles. If I try to save an article it does not work and the error message "Field 'id' doesn't have a default value" comes. I deactivated all page builder extensions and now it works normally..... can u help me to find the error in page builder?

42 Answers
Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #99733

Hi Martin,

it's probably becuase you installed SPPB 4.0.3 in the meantime and it changed something in the database, even after you back to SPPB 3.8.x

Ping me on Monday - I will ask our developer.

Do you have database backup before your try with SPPB 4.0x installation? How long ago it was: one day or a few weeks?

MS
Martin Seidl
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #99769

Dear Paul, yes it is true I installed V4 but this was lontime ago (at least 6 months) and then I returned to V3 but in the last 6 months there were no problems! It just came some days ago.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #99835

That's werid indeed.

Have you installed something else in those last days?

MS
Martin Seidl
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #99860

no!

MS
Martin Seidl
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #99862

When I go to component > page builder, there is a message that the database needs to be updated ...yes I updated that several times and then success message comes but again it sais it needs to be updated....

https://snipboard.io/CX78ov.jpg

MS
Martin Seidl
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #99866

Dear Paul,

could fix it this way: Deinstall all page builder extensions Install again all extension after it worked!

thnx for your always great service!

MS
Martin Seidl
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #99872

I deintalled page builder extensions and then I reinstalled and it worked for some time but now again same error message!!!!

MS
Martin Seidl
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #99947

Dear Paul,

I found out: the problem is the content plugin for sp page builder . if I disable this it works....what to do? But I need this plugin...

MS
Martin Seidl
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #100111

no idea???

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #100138

Yes, it's problem from SPPB Articile integration plugin.

Sorry, I still didn't get any answerr from developer, and personally - I do not really know what can be wrong, also becuse you are the only person with that problem so far.

If you never used SPPB mode in articles - sure, you can disable by now.

MS
Martin Seidl
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #100149

thnx Paul, unfortunately disabling is no optiin for we badly need it

Accepted Answer
1 year ago #100718

Meanwhile, ( 1 Year ago the same Problem is not fixed) there are some more people with this problem @paul.. included me. This is no more funny here.

there is just a nother threat opened. one year ago with no solution. https://www.joomshaper.com/forum/question/8307

MS
Martin Seidl
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #100724

Hi Guys, I solved it by deleting all data base tables regarding SP page builder and of cource uninstalling all appropiate SPPB extensions. I made a clone of the website before and I exported all articles again. It was some work but it worked!

Accepted Answer
1 year ago #100733

Hi @martin, thank you, but there should be a developer solution and get to the bottom of it. i am no longer willing to do such radical work to solve the problems here. after all, we use the stuff here to save time and make money.

these problems should finally be solved on the supplier side!

MS
Martin Seidl
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #100735

Hi Saam,

I agree with you 100%! I needed i quick solution for my client could not edit the website any more. Thats why I had to invest again many extra time.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #100834

Martin, you changed login access, so we cannot check anything :(

MS
Martin Seidl
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #100841

Dear Paul, I ve deleted all data base tables and unindtalled sppb. so nothing there any more to check. thnx anyway. really i am a bit afraid of joomshaper products although basucally sppb is great and yr servuce too.

Accepted Answer
1 year ago #100850

i'm really sad to see this go, but that's the way support goes here.

anyone who has a serious question gets so unnerved in the long run that they delete everything and either reinstall, or leave completely unnerved.

your kindness does not really bring much here, except sympathies. with sympathies, you and we can not buy much.

so, please kick your developer, that they finally at the end inspire us again properly.

@Paul maybe its important to know. The Error is generating a new site.. copying/duplicating a present works.. and so i solve this for first.. hoping you guys will find a way to fix.

regards

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #103084

@Saam - create a video with issue, easier for us to understand. Then share link.

MS
Martin Seidl
Accepted Answer
7 months ago #129767

Hi Paul, the same problem came up again: I created new Joomla article , tried to save it, but it doesn't save!

message: Speichern fehlgeschlagen! Fehler: Field 'id' doesn't have a default value

I can save/edit old articles but new ones dont work.

Maybe it is connected to auto:increament setting in DB table spmedia.... because that's all i changed

MS
Martin Seidl
Accepted Answer
7 months ago #129768

Again: if I disable the content SP Page Builder plugin, I can save articles normally! But I neeeeed this plugin.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 7 months ago #129779

Martin, there is a "small" problem, we don't support SPPB 3.8 anymore, no code updates etc. That's why the last update was on May 2023. And we stopped.

But I will compare database setting with mine, first I have to find that working installation on my host.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 7 months ago #129797

info_1480_2023.gif

Now should be OK, tested - now decide what to do next

MS
Martin Seidl
Accepted Answer
7 months ago #129800

Hey Paul thnx, I have installed V5 on a testsite and my client will try it out. (Maybe u have fixed it already for it works again on V3.) I guess my client has to accept Version 5 page builder anyway. thnx again

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 7 months ago #129802

Yes, I did. At least worked during my tests on new articles.

MS
Martin Seidl
Accepted Answer
7 months ago #129829

Hi Paul,

thnx!!! But: I have cloned the page and installed thereSPPB V5 to test it, but here again the same fckn prob:

"Speichern fehlgeschlagen! Fehler: Field 'id' doesn't have a default value"

What did u do to remove this prob...see creds below

MS
Martin Seidl
Accepted Answer
7 months ago #129898

Dear Paul can u plz tell me how u removed this problem? This is not only with V3 but same in V5 of Page builder

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 7 months ago #129963

Then, I edited SPPB table (prefix_sppagebuilder > ID ) - clicked (*)

MS
Martin Seidl
Accepted Answer
7 months ago #129967

thnx, I am in DB now in the SPPB table (prefix_sppagebuilder > ID ) but where to set the star "clicked (*)" ?

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 7 months ago #129977

Better do not touch anything in DB ... I also wait for developer response.

MS
Martin Seidl
Accepted Answer
7 months ago #130182

ok, hope you have success. Have no other way

MS
Martin Seidl
Accepted Answer
7 months ago #130535

Hey Paul, why dont u do simply just the same as u did with Version 3? Or just tell me what u did in Version 3 SPPB. thnx

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 7 months ago #130586

Our developer said it request small code upgrade to fix it for all users not only temporary for you, I need next 24h ... can you wait?

MS
Martin Seidl
Accepted Answer
7 months ago #130601

sure!

MS
Martin Seidl
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #130881

no news?

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 6 months ago #130926

yes, I am checking fixed code on my domain first.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 6 months ago #131073

Fixed on your site, very sorry for delay. I had to use weird technics to get access to your database.

MS
Martin Seidl
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #131079

Dear Paul,

that is wonderful. But what did u do? This case might come again and again I will be helpless. I need for instance to do the same now on live site. How could u access database? I saw u installed phoca commander?

MS
Martin Seidl
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #131501

Hi Paul,

is there an updated version now that I can use for other projects? see also my last question. thnx

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 6 months ago #131508

It was change in database in prefix_sppagebuilder table. by Now all changes must be done via PHPMyAdmin (cPanel)

Probably next update will fix it.

In case of just open two databases in structure view and compare settings for ID

MS
Martin Seidl
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #131509

thnx

MS
Martin Seidl
Accepted Answer
6 months ago #131510

Do you mean to set Auto increament to "Yes"?