Make Website Remember Users After Logged In - Question | JoomShaper

Make Website Remember Users After Logged In

ธัญญะ วรรธนพิเชฐ

General 3 years ago

Hi

I want to make my website remember users after logging in. It is like joomshaper.com I logged in and shutdown a few days ago. Today I opened your website, I still access my account without logging in again.

How to do this?

thanks/regards, thanya

11 Answers
Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 3 years ago #8537

Hello ธัญญะ วรรธนพิเชฐ

You need to customize to add cookie on your site. If you set the cookie time, then the browser will keep you logged in even after closing the browser. By default, you can only set session. Session will keep you logged in upto the given time in case of inactivity. But if you close the browser, you will be automatically logged out. You can set the time in Global Configuration -> System -> Session Settings -> Session Lifetime.

Best regards

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 3 years ago #8538

BTW But from security point of view..it's not recommended to keep session for a long time. It can be stolen/taken by hacker.

ธัญญะ วรรธนพิเชฐ
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #8598

Thank you Ofi and Paul,

I think Global Configuration -> System -> Session Settings -> Session Lifetime is for Jooma backend.

On frontend, some websites ask their customers register one time for downloading PDFs. after logging in, the customers can download all required password PDFs without logging in again. It is like Gmail. I always access my Gmail account after shutdown PC.

How can I do this on frontend?

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 3 years ago #8781

Maybe you should ask on forum.joomla.org - becuase it's general Joomla Question.

ธัญญะ วรรธนพิเชฐ
Accepted Answer
3 years ago #8788

thank you

Alison
Alison
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #60301

Did this get resolved as I have this issue too. It is only happening on sites with helixultimate installed. Any help would be appreciated. thanks Alison

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #60303

It is only happening on sites with helixultimate installed.

Alison, but are you 100% sure? Any URL where I can confirm it?

Here is screenshot from my private website, and I see login details, from Joomla Login component. Firefox. Helix Ultimate.

foto_7993_2022.png

Alison
Alison
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #60306

Yes, the box is there, but when I close the browser and go back to the site it has not 'remembered me' and I need to log back in. I have SP Cookie Consent on the site, I am wondering if this is the issue?

I cannot find the 'cookie authentication plugin' does Joomla still have that?

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #60312

I don't know. I don't use SP Cookie Consent on my sites, becuase I life in EU and we have very restict cookie law, and we have to use different tool. You can disable that plugin for 10minutes and recheck.

"Authentication - Cookie" - yes, in Joomla 3.10 there such a plugin. I saw it in Joomla 4.1 as well. Evidence.

foto_7995_2022.png

Alison
Alison
Accepted Answer
2 years ago #60314

Thanks Paul

I have uninstalled SP Cookie now and installed JB Cookie as I think it suits us better. Hopefully that will fix the issue.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 2 years ago #60317

In general Login/Pass is a technical cookie, but who knows what those plugins locks.