PHP 8.2 Issue | Call To Undefined Function Get_magic_quotes_gpc() - Question | JoomShaper

PHP 8.2 Issue | Call To Undefined Function Get_magic_quotes_gpc()

M

merique

Helix Framework 1 year ago

Hello everybody

We are using Joomshaper Products a long time. now its time for us to switch to PHP 8.xx and also to Joomla 4.x. But it seems very difficult.

When we change the PHP version to a higher one then 7.4 we always get this message in Front / backend:

0 - Call to undefined function get_magic_quotes_gpc()

We do not found any solutions here. We are using latest Joomla 3.x.x with Pagebuilder + Ultimate Helix Template + JCE Editor - All Plugins are updated. An update to Joomla 4.x causes also fatal error. this should be the next step.

We are very confused, because we have more than +20 Websites of our customer which must updated to Joomla 4 + PHP 8.2. And all of our projects have the same basic configuration: Joomla 3.x.x with Pagebuilder + Ultimate Helix Template + JCE Editor

7 Answers
Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #101617

Hi there!

Sorry for your issue.

We are working to bring higher PHP support soon. Here is our plan:

https://www.joomshaper.com/blog/latest-php-compatibility-for-templates-and-extensions

Best Regards

M
merique
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #101646

Thank you for the fast reply, but this issue is not only on PHP 8.2, also on PHP 8.0 or 8.1 I think PHP 8.0 was released more than over 18 month .... So why still this mess ? We (as a agency) have intentionally waited so long to upgrade to Joomla 4 with the hope that so many issues will be resolved by then....

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #101648

If I may...

SPPB 3.8 / 4.0.x and Helix Ultimate works in PHP 8.0.x, PHP 8.1 - I am 100% sure of that.

Problem of get_magic_quotes_gpc() - can be caused with different extension.

Make sure that ALL installed extensions, PLUGINS as well, support PHP 8.x

Sometimes small thing make big problem.

About PHP 8.2 hard to say, it's too fresh, even for CMS itself. For sure Joomla 3.10 doesn't support PHP 8.2!

M
merique
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #101734

Hello Paul

I already try PHP 8.0, PHP 8.1 and PHP 8.2 - Everytime I switch the PHP Version I get the same problem.

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #101750
  1. What extra extensions you have installed?

2. Joomla 3.10 support only PHP 7.x, PHP 8.0.x and should PHP 8.1 , but PHP 8.2 not!

3. Make a simple test, on subdomain install raw Joomla (version doesn't matter, J3 or J4) then install new JCE and Helix template and SPPB and import one of the pages and recheck. Try with PHP 8.0.x

Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #101757

Extra bonus tip from forum.joomla.org:

Change the level of error reporting in Global Configuration to 'Maximum', set the Debug option and enable the plugin System - Debug. The detailed error messages and PHP call stack will allow you to identify the extension that causes the error so that the extension can be uninstalled/disabled.

M
Marin
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #103007

Hi @merique, last week we upgraded our sites on Joomla 4 and PHP 8.0.26. We have several issues with some plugins that don't have PHP 8 support, so we decided to remove them because there was no info for PHP 8 support for them. Also, we have seen that the settings for PHP 7.4 and PHP 8 wasn't the same, so this can be also a problem that you have. Just compare the setting from PHP 7.4 and PHP 8 and make them equal.