Remove Language Pack & Get URL Rewrite to work. - Forum | JoomShaper
Staff replied General

Remove Language Pack & Get URL Rewrite to work.

Asked by rploszak 3 years ago Last activity 2 years ago

Hi,
I need to remove all language packs from your template. My goal is to remove the "/en/" from our https://www.metroems.org/index.php/en/ site. My other goal is to enable the URL rewrite but I'm having issues and I think it's because of the language packs and the "/en/.

My quickstart or template is Megainc - Default.
metroems.org points to dev02.metroems.org

Ralph

5 replies

Paul Frankowski Senior Staff
3 years ago · edited

Hi Ralph,

It's from Joomla core plugin, easy to disable "/en" in two clicks.

Plugins > "System - Language Filter" > Remove URL Language Code: Yes


Yes, it's possible to disable/remove not needed language packs, also from Joomla settings.

Extensions > Manage > Filter (Languages) > fist mark and disable (!), then click [x] and uninstall them.

Notice! All those are basic Joomla CORE features/settings, used template or Joomla version doesn't matter.

Amir Esmann

From your naked Quickstart Pack it responds with
Warning
The اللغة العربية بالكود الموحد (ar-AA) extension is part of a package which does not allow individual extensions to be uninstalled.

Paul Frankowski Senior Staff
2 years ago · edited

Amir, in Joomla almost everything can be uninstall or disabled.

First disable Ar language, then try again.

I can bet $10 that is possible and I can do that in ~90sec, I done it many times.

Alexandre Carol
2 years ago · edited

Hello,

I can't.

Packages disabled. Uninstall.
"L'extensió French (fr-FR) és una part d'un paquet que no permet desinstal·lar les extensions per individual."

"
Error en desinstal·lar idioma.
Error en desinstal·lar idioma.
Error en desinstal·lar idioma.
"

Can I bet a pea.

Thank you very much.

Paul Frankowski Senior Staff

@Alexandre

Do you have $10/10 Euro to spend? If yes, and you are honorable to accept the bet, share access to admin area.

I will record video as proof.

Log in to reply.