Updated Helix Framework And Caused Menu Issues! - Question | JoomShaper

Updated Helix Framework And Caused Menu Issues!

S

Shana

Helix Framework 1 year ago

Hello Tech Wizards,

I am having 2 issues. I have a Joomla site with PHP 8.0. I am updating extensions one by one using a test site.

Issue 1: When I updated my Helix plugins and Helix template on the test site, the menu changed! (I'm so glad I am doing my updating on a test site and not the original live site.)

The menu should be centered, and the font awesome icon (down arrow for the dropdown menu) should be light weight. Please see what the menu should look like on the original live site: http://meaganwarren.com

Then see what happened to the menu on my test site when I updated my Helix framework (menu is not centered and the font awesome icon is bold and ugly): http://testing.meaganwarren.com/index.php

Issue 2: When I updated my SP Pagebuilder, I started seeing a long list of this error at the top of the page in the SP Smart Slider Module>Sliders backend editing.

Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in /home3/meaganj/testing.meaganwarren.com/modules/mod_sp_smart_slider/helpers/spArticleSliderHelper.class.php on line 28

How can I fix these issues so that I can update on my live site without errors? Thank you in advance for your help. I will DM you my TEST SITE login. Please tell me exactly what you do so that I can make the fixes on my live site. I am comfortable with css and editing files.

2 Answers
Paul Frankowski
Paul Frankowski
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #106121

Hi Shana,

About weight of Font Awesome 5.x icons, unfortunately, but the free version is only fat, that's the business and decision of the American FA developer a few years back. Fixed missing ">" already on your site. So yes, they must be font-weight: bold; to be displayed.

To center Menu in Helix Ultimate use CSS tip from my Helix Guide that is:

#sp-menu > .sp-column, 
 #sp-menu  .sp-megamenu-wrapper { justify-content: center !important;}

But on your testing site looks centered already.

About: sp_smart_slider - very old module, find replacement - it may do not work anymore in PHP 8 or new Joomla's. Use one of slider's / carusels from SP Page Builder addons.

And as I said in different topic - Helix3: No and Helix Ultimate: Yes! Think about future days, not past.

S
Shana
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #106314

Thanks for all the info Paul! I decided just to not update the Helix framework so that I can continue using the Sp_Smart Slider and other modules for now. This is an old site. I will update soon, thanks.