Add-on Blocks = "Failed To Fetch Template List" Error - Question | JoomShaper

Add-on Blocks = "Failed To Fetch Template List" Error

S

SonicShock

SP Page Builder 1 year ago

Hi Friends! This is a one year old problem, which I hoped would resolve with SPB 4, but didn't. Attempt to load Add-on blocks triggers an endless loop of "Failed to fetch template list". Add-ons, templates, and custom blocks I save work fine, but not this. Any new ideas? Host is Godaddy.

The only solution provided previously was to turn off "mod_security", which a) I can't do, b) shouldn't do, and has been noted by others with this problem, doens't fix the problem.

So I build my own blocks from scratch, and I can save them, but it sure would be nice to have the full functionality of SPP back.

I assume it's something unique about Godaddy, but there have to be lots of people using them that don't have issues. Old site/brand new fresh Joomla/Helix/SPB install still get this problem.

15 Answers
Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #106219

Hello SonicShock

Please take a full site backup with Akeeba Backup in ZIP format and share here. Follow this tutorial

Best regards

S
SonicShock
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #106766

Ofi - I apologize for my delayed reponse. I've put a DropBox link for you below with the Zip file you requested.

Ofi, I have this same issue with other sites on this host. This, however, is the newest, simplest, and cleanest installation. If you can tell me how to fix the problem here, then presumably I can fix my other sites as well. Warmest regards, Andrew

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #106789

It looks good now. Please update your license key and then check.

S
SonicShock
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #106972

Hi Ofi! That's HUGE progress, thank you! Except..... The moment I put in the license key, we're right back to the original problem "Failed to Fetch Template List". (The site here is www.hair-reno.ca)

1. I then removed the license key, and that fixed the problem, though of course then I can't use the blocks without registering the license key.
  2. I then reinstalled the license key and got back the same blocks error: "Failed to Fetch Template List" This time, however, this error did not go away by removing the license key.
  3. I have the same problem with any other site. For example: www.sonicshock.com. I've given you both log-on details and an Akeeba back up of that site below.
  4. If you are able to effect something, if possible would you be able to tell me what you did (assuming it's something I can do at this end)? I have two other sites to fix (for the moment), and don't want to keep runing back to you for a fix. Warmest regards, Andrew
S
SonicShock
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #107207

Update: removing the license registraiton allows the blocks to load in both sites I've given you here. BUT, adding the license back isn't recognised by the blocks who still are marked "Buy Pro". (The other aspects of SP Pagebuilder do work.)

I'm pretty sure that if the the blocks did recognize that this was a registered/licensed verison, then it would fail.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #107244

There are issues with your hosting. You need to contact your hosting provider. I have tried on another hosting and it works fine. Please check it. I have shared the credentials in the hidden content.

S
SonicShock
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #107394

Thank you for taking the time to do that experiment Ofi.

Okay, well first you're using a deprecated version of PHP (7.4). Not that I think that matters, as I couldn't fix the problem going back to 7.4 (but at least one other of your users did), but then, what other stuff is your server running that's dated?

Next, so I contact GoDaddy...and tell them...what? That some obscure function of a web app I'm running on Joomla doesn't work when I enter your licence key? You have to give me some clue as to why entering your licence key in Joomla throws up an endless error loop "Failed to Fetch Template List" when attempting to load those blocks. The templates load fine, as do my own saved blocks. What have you done differently with those pre-configured blocks?

Looking at the error logs, you appear to have a syntax error in your code for the Google Maps add-on. I never use it, BUT it appears your blocks do, because loading them (even though inactivated because the only way I can load the list is to remove the license key), throws up these errors:

[Warning] Google Maps JavaScript API has been loaded directly without a callback. This is not supported and can lead to race conditions and suboptimal performance. For supported loading patterns please see https://goo.gle/js-api-loading (js, line 216, x2) [Warning] Google Maps JavaScript API warning: NoApiKeys https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/error-messages#no-api-keys (util.js, line 64) [Warning] Google Maps JavaScript API warning: InvalidKey https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/error-messages#invalid-key (util.js, line 64)

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #107407

Apology for the inconvenience. I have shared your issue with the developer team. They want to check the error log. Please share your cPanel access here to check the issue. Use the Hidden Content box to share the credentials. Make sure that you have a full site backup with you before sharing.

S
SonicShock
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #107524

That's done. Thank you for your time and attention.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #107795

Thanks. Developer team will check the issue and share their feedback.

S
SonicShock
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #109886

Hi Ofi! Any response on this? There's something amiss either in your system or in GoDaddy's, but sticking my SP Pagebuilder license into Joomla kills this functionality in SP Pagebuilder tells me that somewhere you should be able to see specifically what element is failing.

S
SonicShock
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #110025

For comparison, here's another one from which I've removed the license key: www.alvita.ca. The blocks show up fine, but only for display purposes. Add in the license key, and you get an endless loading loop. Log-on credentials for this one below...but basically its the same problem across all my websites, all separate Joomla & Pagebuilder installs, ableit all on the same host.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #110087

Sorry for the delay. The development team is working and I have shared your feedback with them.

S
SonicShock
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #110282

Thank you Ofi.

Ofi Khan
Ofi Khan
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #110863

You are welcome 😊