System Helix 3 Framework Plugin Problem - Question | JoomShaper

System Helix 3 Framework Plugin Problem

S

sydk2017

Helix Framework 1 year ago

The System Helix 3 Framework Plugin Problem is causing the RS Events Calendar Module to not fuction correctly.

If the Plugin is deactivated the Calendar works fine. If the Helix Plugin is activated, then the calendar on initial load has the formatting stripped from it in the tool tip. This happens even if the default Joomla template is used.

You can see the problem on this page: https://www.skob.com/live-music/band-calendar - just hover any day on the calendar.

1.Why would the Helix Plugin be causing this? 2. Do you have a fix for this? 3. What does the Helix Framework Plugin actually do, and can it just be left deactivated without messing anything up while you are fixing this problem?

Thanks,

Syd

3 Answers
S
sydk2017
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #107630

Since Joomshaper was unable to give me a fix or answer my questions, I was finally able to figure out the problem.

The Helix.php file has an error and if we remove the foillowing lines of code the problem is fixed:

HTMLHelper::register('bootstrap.tooltip', ['Helix3Bootstrap', 'tooltip']); HTMLHelper::register('bootstrap.popover', ['Helix3Bootstrap', 'popover']);

Hope this helps anyone who may run across this problem.
Rashida Rahman
Rashida Rahman
Accepted Answer
Support Agent 1 year ago #107728

Hi there!

Sorry for your issue and the delayed response.

As it is the same case with the default template of Joomla core, so it might be issue/conflict with Joomla core itself. Have you contacted with RS Events Calendar Module provider about the issue? They might help.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Best Regards

S
sydk2017
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #107819

Hi Rashida,

I did check with RSJoomla first - it's definitly the Helix Plugin. I'm not sure what it really does but deactivating it fixes the problem.

When I open helix3.php in Adobe Dreamweaver the 2 lines below are highlighted in red though - so instead of just deactivating the plugin I removed these 2 lines and everything works fine.

HTMLHelper::register('bootstrap.tooltip', ['Helix3Bootstrap', 'tooltip']); HTMLHelper::register('bootstrap.popover', ['Helix3Bootstrap', 'popover']);