Finion | Registration Fail - Question | JoomShaper

Finion | Registration Fail

A

Alex

Template 1 year ago

Hi

I've tested the "send email" in Joomla admin and it works. But when I register a new user no email is sent (Inbox, Spam) - though the page says otherwise.

Please see attached Thanks

19 Answers
Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #111342

Main contact form file location

components/com_sppagebuilder/addons/form_builder
components/com_sppagebuilder/addons/ajax_contact

Override addon location. But, Here is no contact form overridden.

/templates/your_template/sppagebuilder/addons
Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #111499

You are most welcome

A
Alex
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #111354

Thanks

A
Alex
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #111178

Please share the filenames

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #111133

Not clear what do you want.

A
Alex
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #111075

Can you please share the following fnames:

1. the view of the contact form component
  2. the controller

I'll do some test myself

Thanks

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #109986

Is the contact form using the same code as Finion?

Yes

A
Alex
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #109972

Hi Tou

Thanks for your response As stated above, if you put a gmail id in Joomla > Config > Server, it won't send emails there. That is because PHP mailer and SMTP won't send emails to recipients outside the domain of the website - this is configured in the DNS to prevent Spam and as you can see, my domain use SSL encryption.

So the only way to test emails in Joomla > Config is to use a proper domain for the recipient. Please check the code in Finion contact form as I'm sure the problem could be in your component. For example, I'm using your Stellar template with same server configuration, and the contact form works fine.

Is the contact form using the same code as Finion? Have you tried sending emails with Finion from a SSL website? What Email configuration and DNS records are you using?

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #109914

When i have checked gmail email for test mail and it doesn't work for me. Can you check your end and let me know. Thanks

A
Alex
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #109621

Hi

I tried the contact form, it says "Email sent" but it doesn't

Pls see the hidden content

Thanks

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #109580

Please check again and let me know.

A
Alex
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #109570

Hi Tou

I setup the VPS myself (I'm a Linux admin ) so the hosting provider is me All my other domains works fine (sending/ receiving emails) so my server and the DNS are properly configured.

Also, as said above for the Finion template "I've tested the 'send email' in Joomla admin and it works. " - you can see the scr-shot.

So, I believe the problem is somewhere in the Contact form component of this template. Can you pls have a look at it again?

Thanks

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #109531

Did you contact your hosting provider?

A
Alex
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #108636

Hi Tou

Installing the template (HTML) files doesn't change how the backend emails are sent of course. So this doesn't prove anything. As you can see attached theStellar template files you've uploaded are still using Fion files (Views and logo).

So if you don't want to fix the issue OK, but please don't try to blame others for the poor quality of your templates. This way certainly you're not getting good reviews for your company

Regards

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #108594

I just installed stellar template and email doesn't reached on my email. Even i checked Joomla default template. You need to contact your hosting provider. Thanks

A
Alex
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #108538

Hi Tou

Thanks for your response But, be careful as the test you've done doesn't work.

There is a problem with the Registartion page of Finion template - which is not sending out emails. Other templates work fine (eg. Stellar)

See attached

Regards

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #108525

I think you need to contact your hosting service provider. Cause, I also checked the mail service for the test purpose. But, I didn't get any email. Thanks

A
Alex
Accepted Answer
1 year ago #108428

Hi Tou

Thanks for your message Please have the credentials attached

Please let me know exactly how you fix it - I need to install on another server and I'll need to fix it again.

Thanks

Toufiq
Toufiq
Accepted Answer
Senior Staff 1 year ago #108417

Hi there,

I appreciate you reaching out. I sincerely apologize for this oversight. Will you please provide me the Joomla administrator access to check the issue? I will check & get back to you soon. 

-Thanks